SIGforum
The car that made these two, equal-length tire marks had positraction.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/8250020224

April 01, 2017, 08:33 PM
Bigboreshooter
The car that made these two, equal-length tire marks had positraction.
You can't make those marks without positraction, which was not available on the '64 Buick Skylark!

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

April 01, 2017, 08:40 PM
Lord Vaalic
Two yutes

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
April 01, 2017, 08:47 PM
sig239dlehr
What would the correct ignition timing be on a 1955 Bel-Air Chevrolet, with a 327 cubic inch engine and a four barrel carburetor?
April 01, 2017, 08:51 PM
Balzé Halzé
It's a Trick. Question.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle
April 01, 2017, 08:52 PM
coloradohunter44
Mr. Gambino, where did you say you practiced law?

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!
April 01, 2017, 09:28 PM
sig239dlehr
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
It's a Trick. Question.

Why is it a "Trick Question"?
April 01, 2017, 09:36 PM
DSgrouse
:P
April 01, 2017, 10:09 PM
henryaz
quote:
Originally posted by sig239dlehr:
What would the correct ignition timing be on a 1955 Bel-Air Chevrolet, with a 327 cubic inch engine and a four barrel carburetor?

4-6 BTDC for initial, but check total timing at WOT to be sure. Adjust advance weights or whatever method you have to achieve 34-36 total advance at WOT. At least that is my memory of the specs.

April 01, 2017, 11:14 PM
MikeGLI
quote:
Originally posted by sig239dlehr:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
It's a Trick. Question.

Why is it a "Trick Question"?

Because you can't answer it!?

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.
April 02, 2017, 12:06 AM
2012BOSS302
Now, in the '60's, there were only two other cars made in America that had positraction, and independent rear suspension, and enough power to make these marks. One was the Corvette,

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.
April 02, 2017, 05:38 AM
f2
Did it ever occur to you it couId be turned off and drip at the same time?
April 02, 2017, 07:51 AM
kz1000

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDmGhethEoQ

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris
April 02, 2017, 08:12 AM
ChicagoSigMan

April 02, 2017, 08:45 AM
mikeyspizza
I fit in better than you. At least I'm wearing cowboy boots.
April 02, 2017, 11:06 AM
jack32586
Because a split second before the torque wrench was applied to the faucet handle, it had been calibrated by top members of the state AND federal Department of Weights and Measures... to be dead on balls accurate!
April 02, 2017, 11:31 AM
Windhover
Dead on balls accurate?

It's an industry term.

I guess the fucking thing is broken...
April 02, 2017, 11:39 AM
jeffxjet
Oh yeah, you blend!

April 02, 2017, 12:14 PM
cheesegrits
Vinny: How could it take you five minutes to cook your grits when it takes the entire grit-eating world 20 minutes?

Mr. Tipton: Um... I'm a fast cook, I guess.

Vinny: What? I'm sorry I was over there. Did you just say you were a fast cook? Are we to believe that boiling water soaks into a grit faster in your kitchen than any place on the face of the earth?

Mr. Tipton: I don't know.

Vinny: Perhaps the laws of physics cease to exist on your stove! Were these magic grits? Did you buy them from the same guy who sold Jack his beanstalk beans?
April 02, 2017, 12:27 PM
dsiets
Oh, a counteroffer. That's what we lawyers, I'm a lawyer, call that a counteroffer. Let me see, this is a tough decision you're giving me here. Get my ass kicked or collect two hundred dollars. Hmm, let me think. I could use a good ass kicking, I'll be very honest with you. Nah, I think I'll just go with the two hundred.
April 02, 2017, 02:16 PM
2012BOSS302
Hey Stan, you're in Ala-Fuckin-Bama. You come from New York. You killed a good old boy. There is no way this is not going to trial.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.