SIGforum
Jeremy Renner critically injured in snowplow accident

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/8120005794

January 02, 2023, 02:47 PM
Pyker
Jeremy Renner critically injured in snowplow accident
Very sorry to hear this, he seems like one of the good guys.

Jeremy Renner has been hospitalized after a serious situation involving a snow plow occurred on Jan. 1.

“We can confirm Jeremy is in critical but stable condition with injuries suffered after experiencing a weather-related accident while plowing snow earlier today,” a representative for the Hawkeye star told The Hollywood Reporter. “His family is with him, and he is receiving excellent care.”

The Washoe County Sheriff’s Office near Reno, Nevada, was called to the Marvel actor's residence on Sunday morning, per the outlet.

“Upon arrival, deputies coordinated with Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District and REMSA Health to arrange for medical transport of Mr. Jeremy Renner via care flight to a local area hospital,” public information officer Kristin Vietti shared. The major accident investigation team at the sheriff’s office is currently looking into additional circumstances of the incident.

According to video footage and details from a neighbor obtained by TMZ, the plowing machine—called a Snowcat—accidentally ran over one of Jeremy's legs, causing him to begin losing a large amount of blood as a result of the injury. The outlet reports that another neighbor, who's a doctor, was able to put a tourniquet on his leg until paramedics arrived.

Link
January 02, 2023, 02:51 PM
HRK
Shame, hope he recovers well.

January 04, 2023, 10:45 AM
Hildur
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
...he seems like one of the good guys.

He's antigun despite profiting from them in all his movies.
January 04, 2023, 12:30 PM
Pyker
quote:
Originally posted by Hildur:
quote:

Says who?

25 Pro-gun celebrities
January 04, 2023, 12:34 PM
DanH
I'm still wondering how do you get your leg run over but a snow plow?
January 04, 2023, 01:04 PM
BurtonRW
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:

I read that he had gotten out and it started rolling, so he tried to get back in and missed.

I do enjoy his acting (not a Marvel fan, but I like the MI series and loved Hurt Locker), and wish him a speedy recovery as I would anyone in that kind of pain and suffering.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A
January 04, 2023, 01:06 PM
jhe888
A friend of mine ended up losing a leg to a bush hog. Best to Renner.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
January 04, 2023, 01:12 PM
myrottiety
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:

Take it for what it's worth. But I saw a article that mentioned & showed photos of a snow cat. Seems he has one with a plow attachment for clearing some of his property to get out in heavy snow. Was getting away from him somehow & he tried to jump on and stop it.

Once again. I haven't fact checked the article. So take it for what it's worth. But hearing it was a snow cat seemed to make more sense to me.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.
January 04, 2023, 01:41 PM
oddball
Seems the guy was trying to help a family member clear snow for a stuck car near his house. Renner was using a Snow Cat Piston Bully, which weighs 15-17,000 lbs, and he uses it to clear roads around the neighborhood (private roads are not cleared by the county). Seems he was out of the Piston Bully and it started to move forward. Trying to stop it, he ended up falling under, getting run over by this huge machine.

Article states that he is also an honorary sheriff deputy in the county.

https://abc7.com/jeremy-renner...spitalized/12647600/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965
January 04, 2023, 03:16 PM
parabellum
Clearly, the scene called for a stunt double.
January 04, 2023, 08:31 PM
corsair
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Hildur:
quote:

Says who?

25 Pro-gun celebrities

He made an advert pushing for new gun laws and prohibition after Newtown shooting. He's come out as being a gun owner, however his actions and participation leave a highly suspicious position on the 2A.

Locals around Reno and Incline Village describe him as either nice or, another douche bag celebrity who wants to play 'rugged mountain man'.

Its believed after he plowed a drive-way and pulled a relatives car out of the snow, he hoped-out of his snowcat but, it was not set in a stable position, as the cat began to slide he tried to get back into the cab but, got caught up in the tracks and was eventually pinned under the cat.
January 05, 2023, 08:53 AM
Ryanp225
He's an actor who's job it is to read the lines someone gives him. FFS
Why does that even matter in this case? Does compassion only go out to those who believe as you do?
January 21, 2023, 07:40 AM
sourdough44
I wish him the best with recovery. Yeah, if not level, gotta be careful with rolling.
January 22, 2023, 01:17 PM
pedropcola
I looked up his snow plow. fuck, I want to be rich too.

It looks like something you would drive doing research in Antarctica.
January 23, 2023, 08:56 AM
holdem
I heard this morning on the radio that he broke over 30 bones in his body.

Damn! Even with money to buy the best physical therapy available I am guessing his life will not ever be the same.
January 23, 2023, 10:34 AM
Pyker
Back home, recuperating. Long road ahead.
January 23, 2023, 01:25 PM
goose5
quote:
Originally posted by holdem:
I heard this morning on the radio that he broke over 30 bones in his body.

Must have crunched his foot into powder.

January 23, 2023, 02:10 PM
HRK
quote:
But I saw a article that mentioned & showed photos of a snow cat. Seems he has one with a plow attachment

Read its over 14,000 pounds...

January 24, 2023, 12:42 PM
bendable
That particular teaching moment sucks

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
January 24, 2023, 01:16 PM
BurtonRW
It just occurred to me... this is how an agent becomes an analyst.

He can always keep playing the IMF Secretary.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A