SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Chicago; The Terry Kath Experience
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicago; The Terry Kath Experience Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
I highly recommended this documentary. It was the effort of his daughter, Michelle, who was 2 years of age when he carelessly killed himself messing around with a pistol. I won’t offer any spoilers because there are a few revelations that will make you glad you watched. It’s about 1 hour and 20 minutes long, but the time seems to fly by, she really did a nice job on it.

This from Michelle:

"The idea to make a film about my father came to me many years ago when, in looking through old photos of him, I realized that I didn't know his full story. I've since learned that he is the quintessential story of an all-American boy raised in the midwest, who, at a young age, picks up a guitar, falls in love with it, and goes on to become a famous 70's rock star. With all the highs and lows that come along with success, my father's life ended suddenly before my 3rd birthday.

My journey of discovery began with the first interview. I could only have dreamed that making this film would bring me this much closer to my father and would help me better understand the man he was and the decisions he made. Meeting these people and hearing their stories are memories that will stay with me forever. I am forever grateful to all that have helped me to take this journey and to discover this man."

I watched it on YT, I believe it’s also available on Prime, perhaps from other streaming services as well.

Posts: 13562 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
It's a great documentary and sad we lost one of the greatest guitarists ever.
Watched in on Prime or Netflix a while back.
Worth a watch.

Posts: 23192 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She's still in search of his guitar

Posts: 121 | Location: Northeast | Registered: January 05, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw them live in 1968 in Providence, RI. First concert I attended

Posts: 121 | Location: Northeast | Registered: January 05, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vette02:
She's still in search of his guitar

Watch it

Posts: 13562 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
Indeed. The Terry Kath Experience is the definitive documentary of the most under appreciated guitarist in rock history.

Posts: 3562 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I thoroughly enjoyed it too. I thought it was particularly interesting to hear anecdotes from the other band members.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39222 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post