SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Raquel Welch died today
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Raquel Welch died today Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted
She died from a brief illness at the age of 82. Loved her in Fantastic Voyage and The Three Musketeers. I actually saw Kansas City Bomber in the movie theater. Rest in Peace.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/m...-82/?sh=48feafe956be

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just saw the headline. Not gonna lie, I feel the need for a stiff drink. I have a DVD of what was perhaps her first film appearance of note; "A Swinging Summer". RIP, Raquel.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Wow, I was just looking at an article about some Vietnam era pictures and of course she's in them with Bob Hope doing a USO event in 1968...

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^I was just thinking about the shows that she was part of during Vietnam. Not a Vietnam era vet, but those shows must have meant a lot to thousands of the troops.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Man, the big names of my youth are going fast.

RIP, she was a peach.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Really sorry to read this, she seemed timeless

Posts: 13264 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Its sad when an entertainer you enjoyed for many years passes, Its much more tragic when your fantasies pass away.
RIP Raquel.

Posts: 4629 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sad news. She was a beauty for sure and an icon of my youth. No doubt great in “One Million Years B.C.,” but also memorable in “Bedazzled.”

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5163 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I get my 1st million,
She's that statue I want made.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54647 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I just saw this on my feed…it’s both a sad day…one of my icons passed Frown as well as a happy day with my Mom who seems to be OK and being doing good despite her Covid diagnosis Smile …RIP Raquel…you were loved girl Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
R.I.P. 'Hannie Caulder'

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Sad day. I always thought she was one of the most beautiful creatures on earth.

Posts: 3456 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
Sad day. I always thought she was one of the most beautiful creatures on earth.

Me too ^^^^^^^. She was my heart throb!!!

Posts: 6622 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I've always considered her to be the most beautiful woman ever. Sad to see her go.

Posts: 22910 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking at Her ... Beautiful no other word comes close. VI

Posts: 646 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
She was 70-ish when she did this and other commercials for Foster Grants.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
R.I.P. Raquel. Frown

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36842 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Bummer, sorry to hear this. As a growing boy in the 60s, she made quite an impression on me.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hannie Caulder, I just saw that movie last week on GRIT channel. God she was an amazing beauty!

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post