RichardC
Which is your favorite version?
I like the New King James. Smile

May 12, 2017, 11:46 PM
houndawg
NIV
May 13, 2017, 06:43 AM
XinTX
Right now I'm using The Message. But I like NKJV and NASB a lot. NLT is okay, but I'm not as fond of it as I am The Message.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul
May 13, 2017, 07:38 AM
jehzsa

Smile

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.
May 13, 2017, 07:42 AM
sigspecops
I've rotated through several translations through the years and I always wonder. If I had a really good understanding of Greek and Hebrew and access to all biblical translation resources, just what would my translation be like? How different or alike to the better modern translations would it be? Its an interesting thing to think about.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain
May 13, 2017, 11:12 AM
BGULL
NIV

Bill Gullette
May 13, 2017, 03:17 PM
Floyd D. Barber
Any old school independent Baptist preacher will tell you the original KJV is the "only Bible".

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

May 13, 2017, 05:21 PM
o'sully
Nova Vulgata or New American Bible

idem ea dixit
May 13, 2017, 05:25 PM
houndawg
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
Any old school independent Baptist preacher will tell you the original KJV is the "only Bible".

And the one with the most translation errors.
May 13, 2017, 05:27 PM
CQB60
NIV

May 13, 2017, 05:54 PM
YellowJacket
I believe that all translations (not paraphrases) have their strong points. I probably use ESV, NASV, and KJV most.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.
May 13, 2017, 06:45 PM
ptruck
I'm reading the New English Translation (NET) at this time.
May 13, 2017, 09:35 PM
stkfox
NLT, I prefer a version I can read and understand without problem. I'm on my third go round, this one chronologically and thoroughly enjoy it.

May 14, 2017, 08:22 AM
mark123
I like the language of the KJV.