SIGforum
The Matrix Resurrections

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/7520049484

September 10, 2021, 09:29 PM
r0gue
The Matrix Resurrections
As a staunch believer that there never should have been ANY sequel to the flawless and perfectly complete original,.. What's done it done. This looks fun. I'm IN>

September 11, 2021, 04:42 PM
Fla. Jim
Looking forward to it myself. The trailer was entertaining . I am a little tired of the John Wick hair though.
September 11, 2021, 06:12 PM
P220 Smudge
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
I have some deep reservations. The rumor mill is that this movie will retcon the first three. That it was not neo that was the chosen one, but in fact it was trinity.

Christ on a cracker. Roll Eyes

Well. I’ll wait for the reviews. I’m not into that kinda thing.

September 11, 2021, 06:38 PM
hberttmank
I know I may be one of the few on here, but I really liked Reloaded and Revolutions. They had some damn good sci-fi action scenes.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock
September 13, 2021, 11:11 AM
myrottiety
Looks entertaining. I'll watch it.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.
September 13, 2021, 07:39 PM
highroundcount
[/QUOTE] or tuck up their ever-loosening assholes.[/QUOTE]

I got a good chuckle from that.

I'll watch it. I like movies that allow me to tune out for a bit. This should fill that bill.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.
September 14, 2021, 11:20 AM
sigspecops
It isn't just a coincidence that Wick and Neo look the same. Neo also went through the assassin world simulation. At least thats my theory.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain
December 21, 2021, 08:37 PM
Ronin1069
I liked it. I need to see it again and just ‘enjoy’ it this time, but overall I liked it. I’m a John Wick geek so I had some trouble distinguishing the two at times.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
December 22, 2021, 05:16 AM
Prefontaine
Keanu was probably filming the next Wick before this started filming because he obviously cut Ze hair like in the original.

It was major league letter people. Like the original some very great quotes, that will stick, about current society. Some digs at the crack addicts (smartphone addicts), how people would rather be controlled than be original. Frenchie making digs about originality and now we have Fakebook. There were definitely some great scenes, some great dialogue but also think there was truth to being contractually obligated to make the fucking thing. The constant cut backs to the original trilogy became tiresome. And more “women power!”. Mostly good, with some bad but definitely worth the watch if you liked the original trilogy. It’s worth watching…………………at home.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Prefontaine,

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone
December 22, 2021, 08:39 PM
patw
The wife, my son and myself all agreed........

IT SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Definitely the worst of all of them.
December 22, 2021, 08:48 PM
cslinger
The first Matrix was amazing.

The other two………I mean they were ok but almost like really high budget SYFY stuff

I haven’t seen the new one yet. Re-watching the trilogy first.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."
December 22, 2021, 09:50 PM
konata88
1 hour in. Yawn!

Can’t wait for this to be over.

ETA: done. Huge disappointment.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: konata88,

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book
December 23, 2021, 07:31 AM
bobandmikako
It put me to sleep, literally.

十人十色
December 23, 2021, 09:15 PM
Lord Vaalic
Suckage.

If you have HBO MAX, and you are curious , well I guess go ahead. Don't spend money at the theater. The first half is just boring. The second half doesn't make a lot of sense. So much not really explained. Several major plot points just left open. This added nothing to the series, it didn't need to happen.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
December 23, 2021, 09:29 PM
sigarms229
I watched it on HBO Max, very disappointing.

I agree don't spend money at the theater.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six
December 24, 2021, 04:42 AM
creslin
This was pure shit.
What a waste of time.

This is where my signature goes.
December 24, 2021, 06:11 AM
r0gue
The problem with any sequel to the original, is that the original concluded absolutely. Fin'!

Neo was shows to have discovered within his own mind, an absolute control over the universe in which the code was running. He could dodge bullets, he could slow time itself. He could fly! It was one of the most amazing Sci-Fi endings of all time, if not THE most amazing (which is my own personal opinion). There can be no sequel of matter. From a film maker's perspective, the original was groundbreaking in cinematography and special effects. From a story telling perspective, it was quite complete and finite.

Like I said, I'll consume more product, because I'm bored. But to me, the Matrix was a one film story.

December 24, 2021, 06:59 AM
BigSwede
What a turd, HBO Max

December 24, 2021, 06:11 PM
LS1 GTO
About 33% longer than it should be.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

December 24, 2021, 06:24 PM
LincolnSixEcho
I had high hopes though kinda knew in the back of my mind that it wasn’t going to measure up to the original(s). I felt that this was kinda a rebadged version of the original in a sense. Kinda like Force Awakens was to A New Hope. I was wanting to see Neo be more aggressive and in command, not him trying to fumble around again half the movie to get his mojo. Last time we saw him he could fly and now he can’t. He is still super powerful and it was visually very good though a lot of it was pretty much the same action. I didn’t care for the new characters like I did the old ones, including the new Morpheus. Maybe it will get better with a second viewing though we shall see. I think Lana may have made the best movie she could have given that WB was going to do it with it without her.