SIGforum
Mayor of Kingstown- Paramount Plus

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/7420030884

December 29, 2021, 10:40 PM
jljones
Mayor of Kingstown- Paramount Plus
On episode 5. Very well written and acted.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

December 30, 2021, 02:57 AM
45ProCarry
I thought the trailers looked pretty good. I guess we will have to check it out.
December 30, 2021, 07:00 AM
P250UA5
It's on my watchlist, I think they've aired some of it on standard 'cable' Paramount, will have to catch it that way, don't need to add another service to the list.

Glad to hear some positive feedback

The Enemy's gate is down.
December 30, 2021, 08:32 AM
erj_pilot
Thanks for the forward intel, jones. I've seen a number of adverts for it while watching other stuff. I think I'll put it on the watchlist at a minimum. Might have to get to it once hockey season is over...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24
December 31, 2021, 12:08 AM
jljones
Just finished Ep8.

Very gritty. Has a The Shield feel to it.

Mild spoiler- I laughed out loud at Mikes solution to the human trafficking with the Peckerwoods.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

April 28, 2023, 06:00 PM
Oz_Shadow
What exactly is the main characters official position?
May 05, 2023, 02:54 PM
Pale Horse
Other than the scenes with his mom teaching, which seem to have zero purpose it seems like a great show. I’m only on episode 4 or 5 but I’m sticking around. Her scenes are short and there is room for character development there because she doesn’t seem like a great person either.

I agree with your reference to the shield. None of the main characters are truly good, but nobody is 100% bad either. Everyone is just trying to get by the best they know how in their situation.

quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
What exactly is the main characters official position?

*** Mild Spoiler for any who hasn’t seen the 1st episode***

He doesn’t have an official position. They called his brother the mayor because they said that his brother truly ran the city before his death, and now that title has seemingly transferred to him. But he doesn’t seem to be a real employee of anyone, he’s just got a lot of connections inside and out and mediates things.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014
May 05, 2023, 04:11 PM
mark60
I enjoy the show and hope to see a season 3. Renner's character is more a less a liaison between the street gangs and the police. I think I remember from season 1 that some people pay him to find people or fix things.
May 05, 2023, 06:15 PM
apprentice
Really enjoyed both seasons. It's the kind of show where no matter what happens to who, you feel like they probably had it coming.

Would like more back story on Ian, I like that character a lot.
May 21, 2023, 12:58 PM
AUTiger89
Just finished season 2, and we liked it. I hope Renner will be able to make season 3.

Cracked me up when Bunny goes into the gun store and said "I like that SIG", and the camera showed a Glock.

Phone's ringing, Dude.
May 22, 2023, 12:16 PM
apprentice
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
Just finished season 2, and we liked it. I hope Renner will be able to make season 3.

Cracked me up when Bunny goes into the gun store and said "I like that SIG", and the camera showed a Glock.

Caught that one too, but then, I'd hope any member here would. Big Grin
I often wonder how much I could be paid for just helping them avoid simple goof ups like that.