SIGforum
The Nevers on Netflix

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/7340076184

April 30, 2021, 12:27 AM
konata88
The Nevers on Netflix
Thoughts?

I’m watching and still yet undecided. Some woke undertones. Turn of the century x-men first class theme. Leaning more nay than aye. But kinda like the main character. And the singer captivated me as she did as the maid turned wife on Poldark.

I’ll give it a few more episodes as things are slow right now.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book
April 30, 2021, 06:56 AM
Batty67
I'd say it is most definitely woke. Massively revisionist history. But...still, it is entertaining, not as bad as many woke-wise, and my wife and I are watching it.
April 30, 2021, 08:51 AM
phil in indy
I'm the same. Still not sure how long I'll stick with it. Its piqued my interest but we'll see for how long. I think I read that there is only either 4 or 6 episodes right now and the remainder will be filmed at a later date for a total of ten for the first season. This of course due to the pandemic. Roll Eyes
April 30, 2021, 08:32 PM
AllenInAR
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
Massively revisionist history.

Revisionist history???

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV
May 01, 2021, 08:02 AM
Batty67
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
Massively revisionist history.

Revisionist history???

Perhaps that's not the best term. Alternative history and one in which women have received the lion's share of cool (and sometimes awful) powers, making them, once again, the empowered focus of the story. Again, it is somewhat entertaining. It is undoubtedly well-produced and looks great.
May 01, 2021, 02:00 PM
lyman
wife and I are watching it,

it's ok,

bit woke,
lead female (Ms True?) seems to want to talk a bit like Eva Green's character in Penny Dreadful.

we will continue to watch it

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

May 18, 2021, 07:19 PM
konata88
Just watched the latest episode. WTF? I actually stopped the show, exited the HBO app on the Apple TV. Stopped the app from running / removed it from memory. TWICE! Then fast forwarded the show and saw familiar characters and sets. Then started the show from the beginning again and just watched w/o really understanding what was going on (for awhile).

I'm not sure I like the backstory. I've got Travelers on my list; that should be enough on the theme.

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book
May 19, 2021, 11:59 AM
lyman
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Just watched the latest episode. WTF? I actually stopped the show, exited the HBO app on the Apple TV. Stopped the app from running / removed it from memory. TWICE! Then fast forwarded the show and saw familiar characters and sets. Then started the show from the beginning again and just watched w/o really understanding what was going on (for awhile).

I'm not sure I like the backstory. I've got Travelers on my list; that should be enough on the theme.

ha!!

wife and I did the same, we thought the wrong show was on,

good backstory, overall
Claudia Black is looking a bit rough but that just may be the character,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

May 24, 2021, 03:15 PM
konata88
What happened? It's gone from Netflix? I think they were at part 1 of a 2 part finale. But now the whole series is gone? I can't find it anymore.....

May 24, 2021, 03:38 PM
46and2
It's on HBOMax, here, fwiw.
May 24, 2021, 07:22 PM
konata88
Thanks. Found it on HBOmax. Have I lost my mind? Has it always been on HBO? Why do I have netflix in the thread title.... I guess I was mistaken.