SIGforum
No Red Dead Redemption 2 thread?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/7070085944

January 27, 2022, 06:57 PM
Ronin1069
No Red Dead Redemption 2 thread?
Just finishing up playthru #4 or 5, I’ve lost track.

Two of my favorite Arthur cut-scenes…

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
January 27, 2022, 07:51 PM
Pale Horse
I keep thinking about playing through it again. I have no doubt I’d enjoy it immensely.

I pick at the online every couple of months. I’ll play three or four nights in a row and wish they took all the cool heists and jobs from GTA and made similar stuff to do in RDR. I can only hunt so many bounties and drive a wagon so many times before I get bored.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014
January 27, 2022, 07:55 PM
Hildur
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

Did you ever play on the PC? I’m still doing XBox and read about many unhappy PC gamers with this title.

I just bought it last month. It was fun for the first 30-40 hours but then it got really repetitive and I haven't played it since.

On the PC with 4k ultra graphics it's absolutely gorgeous but that's not enough to keep me interested doing the same actions over and over again. I only made it to the end of Chapter 2 but did a whole lot of exploring.
May 02, 2022, 03:12 PM
Ronin1069
Playing through for the umpteenth time; this time around I am doing significantly less fast travel and just enjoying the ride, as it is.

I’m towards the end of Chapter 5 and Dutch is waiting for me back at camp to send me and Charles to clear out the next camp and bring the story into Chapter 6.

Six is when Arthur’s health is noticeably affected throughout the gameplay and just becomes kind of a bummer.

Anyway, I’ve been away from camp for quite a while, hunting Legendary Animals and finishing up any side missions that I can find.

Two cool encounters happened in this play though that I have not seen in others; I’m guessing because I’m on my horse more than I am taking a coach or ‘fast traveling’ place-to-place.

1: I ran into this seemingly nice dude who then started talking shit about this widow up by Anisburg he had his eye on…he then turned creepy as fuck and when he started saying that he recognized me, I shot his ass dead. I’m assuming he was referencing Charlotte, the widow who Arthur teaches to hunt and then how to shoot.

2: I was down by Valentine and saw the “charlotte” icon make itself available again; so I set a course for there and started the long ride. Just after I did that, Bill shows up on a horse out of nowhere and starts talking about how Dutch sent him out looking for me because I’ve been gone so long. I then had the option to go back to camp with him or tell Bill that I’d get back on my own time. Of course I told him to pound-sand and that I’d see him when I saw him.

Crazy the shit that this game has thought of.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
May 02, 2022, 04:43 PM
jhe888
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Playing through for the umpteenth time; this time around I am doing significantly less fast travel and just enjoying the ride, as it is.

I’m towards the end of Chapter 5 and Dutch is waiting for me back at camp to send me and Charles to clear out the next camp and bring the story into Chapter 6.

Six is when Arthur’s health is noticeably affected throughout the gameplay and just becomes kind of a bummer.

Anyway, I’ve been away from camp for quite a while, hunting Legendary Animals and finishing up any side missions that I can find.

Two cool encounters happened in this play though that I have not seen in others; I’m guessing because I’m on my horse more than I am taking a coach or ‘fast traveling’ place-to-place.

1: I ran into this seemingly nice dude who then started talking shit about this widow up by Anisburg he had his eye on…he then turned creepy as fuck and when he started saying that he recognized me, I shot his ass dead. I’m assuming he was referencing Charlotte, the widow who Arthur teaches to hunt and then how to shoot.

2: I was down by Valentine and saw the “charlotte” icon make itself available again; so I set a course for there and started the long ride. Just after I did that, Bill shows up on a horse out of nowhere and starts talking about how Dutch sent him out looking for me because I’ve been gone so long. I then had the option to go back to camp with him or tell Bill that I’d get back on my own time. Of course I told him to pound-sand and that I’d see him when I saw him.

Crazy the shit that this game has thought of.

I've played twice - on my second game, I'm somewhere pretty far into chapter 6, and am just riding around looking for stuff. There is something new to find every time you turn around. I found a broken flying glider (like pre-Wright Brothers) at the bottom of a hill last time I played.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
May 03, 2022, 12:51 AM
copaup
I just built a new PC. I9 processor. 32GB DDR5. GeForce 3080 Ti OC GPU. Thing is liquid cooled and has 7 case fans plus 3 more on the graphics card. Absolute monster of a rig.

First thing I did? Booted up Red Dead and started playing some of the middle section with all the graphics turned all the way up. It's impressive. One of the best games ever made.
October 09, 2022, 09:34 AM
Ronin1069
…and back to Red Dead 2 for the 5th playthru.

Taking it super slow this time around, hunting all of the legendary animals first … working my way though the Hunting Challenges to get the Legendary Panther to spawn…spent about 2 hours of real-time yesterday hunting 3 cougars with a bow. I’m staying in Chapter 3 for as long as possible so I can enjoy the different items/outfits I collect for the remainder of the game.

The other day I chased some Murphy Boys through the woods and fell into a pit where they started shooting down at me…never seen that one before.

LOVE this game

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
October 09, 2022, 05:31 PM
sigspecops
I got tired of it after my 3rd play through. I wish they would have put out some DLC and put Mexico back in. I hated the online multiplayer.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain
October 12, 2022, 09:04 PM
KevinCW
Might finally give this a try... still 59.99 though, or 99.99 for the ultimate edition. Seems steep for one game.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."
October 12, 2022, 09:17 PM
cslinger
$99 is stupid.
It is however worth every penny of $59.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."
October 12, 2022, 11:04 PM
P220 Smudge
I need to actually finish this game. I started it over a year ago, and left it at the part where they're in Jamaica or whatever. Of course, watching youtube videos on how to do something or other, I encountered a spoiler for the end of the game before I could actually get there. Kinda took the wind out of my sails. Roll Eyes

quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
Might finally give this a try... still 59.99 though, or 99.99 for the ultimate edition. Seems steep for one game.

If you have Steam, put it on your wishlist and install the app on your phone. You'll get a push notification the next time it goes on sale, and it does several times a year. I think I paid $20 for the Ultimate Edition. For what little added stuff you get, the extra $40 absolutely isn't worth it.

October 13, 2022, 06:01 AM
Ronin1069
The Guarma Island is the one drag to the game for me. there are no unique items to find/hunt, you cannot return there after getting out and it takes way too long to get off the island.

The final chapters are worth grinding through this section though.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
October 18, 2022, 07:32 PM
KevinCW
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I need to actually finish this game. I started it over a year ago, and left it at the part where they're in Jamaica or whatever. Of course, watching youtube videos on how to do something or other, I encountered a spoiler for the end of the game before I could actually get there. Kinda took the wind out of my sails. Roll Eyes

quote:

If you have Steam, put it on your wishlist and install the app on your phone. You'll get a push notification the next time it goes on sale, and it does several times a year. I think I paid $20 for the Ultimate Edition. For what little added stuff you get, the extra $40 absolutely isn't worth it.

Great advice, I did so and was notified today. Regular version 50 percent off for 29.99, Ultimate edition 60 percent off for 39.99.

I bought the ultimate edition. The sale on steam goes til Nov 1 if anyone else is interested.

Kevin

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."
October 19, 2022, 04:23 PM
jhe888
Like everyone else, I sure wish there was some DLC for the game that used all that space in the desert and western mountains that wasn't used all that much in the story. For reasons no one seems to understand, Rock Star seems unlikely and reluctant to make new content for this game. Too bad.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
October 20, 2022, 10:48 PM
cslinger
quote:
For reasons no one seems to understand, Rock Star seems unlikely and reluctant to make new content for this game. Too bad.

It’s because Rock Star prints money with little to no effort with GTAV online. Unfortunately the days of the single player DLC are pretty much at an end at least for Rock Star.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."
October 21, 2022, 09:37 AM
P220 Smudge
quote:
Great advice, I did so and was notified today. Regular version 50 percent off for 29.99, Ultimate edition 60 percent off for 39.99.

I bought the ultimate edition. The sale on steam goes til Nov 1 if anyone else is interested.

Kevin

Sweet! Yeah, that's how I've picked up most of the stuff in my game library. I never pay full price anything, but I probably go too far in snatching up more than I'll ever realistically get through just because it's stupid cheap on sale.

quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Like everyone else, I sure wish there was some DLC for the game that used all that space in the desert and western mountains that wasn't used all that much in the story. For reasons no one seems to understand, Rock Star seems unlikely and reluctant to make new content for this game. Too bad.

That's because as great as RDR2 is, the GTA games are what butters Rockstar's bread. They were going to discontinue support for GTA:Online years ago. Instead, they're still pushing out several big content updates a year. Why? People paying money for the in-game currency to get the absurdly priced in-game stuff like businesses, property, cars, ships, aircraft, etc. That, and they're also working on the upcoming GTA 6, which will be their next cash grab... I mean main title. RDR2 is an afterthought, and the community of online gamers make memes about it regularly. Any updates they add content-wise will be online only, I can all but guarantee it.

November 22, 2022, 06:33 PM
P220 Smudge
$19.50 on Epic Games and $19.79 on Steam right now.

November 23, 2022, 01:48 PM
airsoft guy
quote:

Epic is warm dumpster water, buy it on Steam.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.
November 23, 2022, 10:32 PM
P220 Smudge
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
quote:

Epic is warm dumpster water, buy it on Steam.

When I can, I prefer to buy stuff on Steam. I only have an Epic games account because of Chivalry 2. It was only available on Epic... until about a month ago, they finally released it on Steam. Now I have a bunch of freebies on Epic. Oh well. Gotta have multiple friggin' game content services these days.

November 26, 2022, 04:11 AM
Pale Horse
quote:

That's because as great as RDR2 is, the GTA games are what butters Rockstar's bread. They were going to discontinue support for GTA:Online years ago. Instead, they're still pushing out several big content updates a year. Why? People paying money for the in-game currency to get the absurdly priced in-game stuff like businesses, property, cars, ships, aircraft, etc. That, and they're also working on the upcoming GTA 6, which will be their next cash grab... I mean main title. RDR2 is an afterthought, and the community of online gamers make memes about it regularly. Any updates they add content-wise will be online only, I can all but guarantee it.

Hell I’d happily accept some updates to the online version. I’d love some GTA style heists for sure.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014