SIGforum
ISO - Movie Search Function

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/6840092524

June 05, 2017, 02:38 PM
Fenris
ISO - Movie Search Function
I have several prepaid movie services such as HBO, Starz, Netflix, Amazon. I also have access to various pay per view type services. But when I want to watch a particular movie, is there a service, website or app where I can search to find who among these many is showing my desired film, and how much they are charging?

Thanks.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.
June 05, 2017, 02:52 PM
Aeteocles
http://www.canistream.it/
June 05, 2017, 03:23 PM
YellowJacket
what are you streaming on? An Amazon FireTV has a search function, some even with a voice search function. Push the button, say the movie title, and it will bring it up along with your options to view it. I'm guessing the search function is amazon's doing, but it will also search every app installed on the FireTV.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.
June 05, 2017, 03:45 PM
f2
justwatch
June 05, 2017, 04:08 PM
46and2
The typical Comcast xfinity cable box let's you search across all sources, then it shows you which are free and which are ppv/purchase.
June 05, 2017, 05:05 PM
SigSAC
Roku has a search function. It shows which services have the film - you have to go into each service, however, to find out if there is an additional cost for the film.
June 05, 2017, 06:28 PM
Orguss
Apple TV allows you to search for movies and television shows across all supported streaming services.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"