Notify
Tools

Dirty Harry Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SiGagain:
Harry's partner "Fatso" is John Mitchum...Robert Mitchum's brother...you can see him in Eldorado as a bartender with John Wayne, James Can and...

Bill

Was he the gent who wound up with a hand-full of splinters courtesy Robert Mitchum's lever gun?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
quote:
Originally posted by SiGagain:
Harry's partner "Fatso" is John Mitchum...Robert Mitchum's brother...you can see him in Eldorado as a bartender with John Wayne, James Caan and...

Bill

Was he the gent who wound up with a hand-full of splinters courtesy Robert Mitchum's lever gun?

Well, yeah sibling rivalry and all that goes with it.

Posts: 374 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
This thread reminded me of a drawing I did back in 1978.

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
^^^ @ clubleaf206 that’s great!

While I used to draw a great bit, that’s beyond my skill-set there. My buddies and I used to do a bit of writing just for fun, and I penned a Dirty Harry adventure or three along the way haha…as I recall, they were heavy on gun details, skinny on plot haha…

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
I always thought it so strange that Albert Popwell was in the first four movies. Mostly because even though it was a tiny part of the first movie, the scene was so memorable.

But then all the Eastwood (and to some extent Siegel) movies of the era had the same cast in damn near all of them.

that's what I was thinking... Andrew Robinson, the bank robbing 'punk' in the first movie was a pimp in the 2nd.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Andrew Robinson was Scorpio in Dirty Harry.
Albert Popwell played the bank robber, pimp, Big Ed Mustpha, and Harry's partner in Dirty Harry, Magnum Force, The Enforcer, and Sudden Impact, respectively.

Posts: 763 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
His son Scott needs to hurry up and play Clint in his dad's life story.

Movie star
Banging women
Director,
Having kids,

Banging women ,
Producer
Banging women,
Having kids,
Golfer,
Awards winner,
Banging women,
Aviator,
Having kids,
Politician ( sort of)
Banging women,
Having kids,

Might be an ok movie

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post