SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Albums ordained by God
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Albums ordained by God Login/Join 
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
How could I forget?

Simon & Garfunkel - A Bridge Over Troubled Water

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In addition to AC/DC's Back In Black, I'll submit their Highway To Hell and Let There Be Rock albums as well as ZZ Top's Tres Hombres and Degullo albums to the ones already mentioned. I think we have it covered from A to Z now. Wink

Posts: 374 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Blue Note.

Purple Rain.

Paul’s Boutique.

Temple of Boom.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Prefontaine,

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Operation Mindcrime - Queensryche
Face Dances - The Who
Number of the Beast - Iron Maiden

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3858 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Lots of good ones listed so far.

I'll add these, because IMO they are complete albums:

Elton John - Tumbleweed Connection & Madman Across the Water

XTC - English Settlement, Mummer, The Big Express, Skylarking, Oranges & Lemons, and Nonsuch.

Yes, I really picked six XTC albums. I'm not saying they were necessarily God-inspired, or even earth-shattering. They're not on most people's greatest albums list. What I am saying is that I believe they understood the concept of putting an album together in these offerings. They're not for everyone. I already know that.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:

What I am saying is that I believe they understood the concept of putting an album together in these offerings. They're not for everyone. I already know that.

Do they wow you every time you listen to them in their entirety? Are you floored by them?

There are plenty of albums that everyone can agree are complete, important works conceptually and musically. The point of the thread is for people to share albums they are very passionate about as individuals, not just dig up examples of what they think meets a criteria.

The thread quickly wandered from my original intent, but folks have seemed to enjoy it anyway.

Posts: 2087 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Yes they do. They're the ones I must listen to all the way through, every time. They're personal to me.

I still giggle & shake my head in awe when I listen.

I realize they wouldn't be on most lists.

Apologies for misinterpreting your thread.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I still giggle & shake my head in awe when I listen.

That is EXACTLY the kind of reaction that intended to be the criteria for the thread. It actually couldn't be better embodied than by your above statement.

quote:
Apologies for misinterpreting your thread.

You apparently interpreted it perfectly. Well done, and thank you.

Posts: 2087 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
AC/DC Back in Black
Kid Rock Devil Without a Cause
Hank Williams JR greatest Hits Vol 1

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37083 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Miles Davis "Kind of Blue"

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
For Me:

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
Astral Weeks (Van Morrison)
Soft Bulletin (Flaming Lips)
Peace of Mind (Iron Maiden)
Steel Town (Big Country)

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSGM:
Lastly, you can mention as many as you want, but only do one at a time, and do your best to listen to one that someone else mentions before mentioning another yourself.

Big Grin
Makes it a little tough to listen to someone’s suggestion when they list eight, but hey, we’re a bunch of free thinkers.

I’ll add Los Lobos’ Kiko at this time.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I can think of two LP's off the top that I played endlessly back in the day as favorites. Music is so subjective and everybody has their favorite tunes that move them. So many have already posted some great Artists and music. I was listening to some downloaded favorites thru the headsets the other night and was emotionally stirred, likely the songs were individual favorites plus the headphones made them exponentially greater sounding.

But for complete albums, two stick out as favorites..
Shades of Deep Purple
Blind Faith

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
Boston, the 1st album

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 1996 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lots of good ones listed so far.

Elton John - Tumbleweed Connection & Madman Across the Water

XTC - English Settlement, Mummer, The Big Express, Skylarking, Oranges & Lemons, and Nonsuch.

Yes, I really picked six XTC albums. I'm not saying they were necessarily God-inspired, or even earth-shattering. They're not on most people's greatest albums list. What I am saying is that I believe they understood the concept of putting an album together in these offerings. They're not for everyone. I already know that.

I would add Wasp Star and Apple Venus,

but I am a big fan of XTC

+1 to London Calling and Paul's Boutique

I'll Add

Costello's IbMePdErRoIoAmL, This Years Model, and Get Happy, (and most of his other albums, but these 3 will do,

Kate Bush, Aerial, esp the Sky of Honey long run on side 2

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pistolria
posted Hide Post
If you like Layla by Derek and The Dominoes then you really need to check this out! Layla Revisited by Tedeschi Trucks Band.

ttb_laylarevisited_cover_final_1620399774 by bts13lax, on Flickr

Posts: 671 | Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A cappella Project by Glad

Posts: 74 | Registered: April 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I think my answer has been the same for about 36 years.

I can listen to Blow by Blow over and over again. Every musician is perfect on this album.

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Deja Vu - by Crosby Stills Nash & Young. I wore my first LP out playing it on a cheap record player while in Vallejo at Nuclear Power School.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post