SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Please spoil the fire out of Bladerunner 2049 and explain to me what I saw.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please spoil the fire out of Bladerunner 2049 and explain to me what I saw. Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
The other night i was talking to Andy Muschietti, the director of the new IT movie, a very young and approachable fellow, and he knows the bussines in an astonishing practical way. Bladerunner 2049 was mentined and his point of view was interesting He mentioned the movie is not a commercial success, it was not cut to size because the director's contract kept the studio at bay and the whole thing does not bring anything new or important to the original story therefore it does or shouldn't matter at all. He also said Ford's appearance was pretty much late and useless and would only serve to please us old farts to tie both stories together.

I was impressed by the photography but I'm definitely not fond of Gosling as an actor, maybe as an extra or background feature but he's closer to a dead blue norwegian than a living creature.

Still. I loved the movie but looking backwards I hope the director's cut will be 40 minutes or more SHORTER.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12110 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muddle_mann:
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
Ridley Scott is on record as saying he considers Deckard to be a replicant.

He's wrong. I know better. Big Grin As a human he almost died multiple times trying to off the ones from the original. If he was a replicant then where is his super strength?

I've thought about this a bit. I believe not all replicants are created equal. Yes he got his ass kicked a lot, but he did kinda survive. We know Rachel was a replicant and he kinda manhandled her a bit. Perhaps that's because she wanted to be manhandled but still...

"You've done a man's job, sir.." - Gaff

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Have not seen the new one, and probably will one day on Direct TV..(I Know).. but I will say again, I saw the first one on my birthday back in the early 80's and was so blown away by the movie I could not get up and sat through it a second time. Ford is 'ok' in it.. but the death scene at the end with Rutger Hauer in the rain has got to be one of the most emotional scenes in a movie. This is where 'you' realize the replicants are actually human.

There are some great behind-the-scenes trivia about R Hauer and the 'Tears in Rain' scene.

Ridley Scott cast Rutger Hauer in the role of Roy Batty without actually meeting the actor. He had watched his performances in Turkish Delight (1973), Katie Tippel (1975) and Soldier of Orange (1977) and was so impressed, he cast him immediately. However, for their first meeting, Hauer decided to play a joke on Scott and he turned up wearing huge green sunglasses, pink satin pants and a white sweater with an image of a fox on the front. According to production executive Katherine Haber, when Scott saw Hauer, he literally turned white.

Rutger Hauer came up with many inventive ideas for his characterization, like the moment where he grabs and fondles a dove. He also improvised the now-iconic line "All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain". He later chose "All those moments" as the title of his autobiography.

Originally, Roy Batty was to have a lengthy monologue just prior to his death, as written by David Webb Peoples. Rutger Hauer felt the text was much too technical, and referred to locations the audience would be unfamiliar with. This didn't help in creating any dramatic impact in the scene, so he removed much, keeping the pieces he liked, and then added the last two lines, "All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."

The final scene was shot literally hours before the producers were due to take creative control away from Ridley Scott.

I read elsewhere that many ppl on the set were in tears after filming Batty's death scene - some b/c of Hauer's iconic performance, others b/c the exasperating shoot had finally concluded.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post