David Crosby dead
https://comicbook.com/irl/news...AX1o&mibextid=Zxz2cZ
January 19, 2023, 06:03 PM
parabellum
Turn it up and remember

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023
January 19, 2023, 06:28 PM
4x5

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ
January 19, 2023, 06:33 PM
oddball
Never was a huge Crosby fan, even though I have Deja Vu I bought in high school, still have it. Really good album. But the guy was a great singer, his voice was the best in Crosby Stills & Nash.

People always reference Keith Richards as the druggie rock star, but Crosby had him beat. I honestly never thought he would live this long (81 yo). Prison in the 80's literally saved his life.

The last time I read about him, he sold his song catalog in 2021, he simply couldn't pay the bills with song royalties; CD sales dried up, and streaming paid shit, and Covid took away his live work. I'm sorry he did not reap the long term rewards of that sale. But the years are catching up; the 60s and 70s rock stars are in the same age range. Rest in Peace.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965
January 19, 2023, 06:49 PM
220-9er
Crosby & Nash here with David Gilmour.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

January 19, 2023, 07:08 PM
parabellum
I dig it

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023
January 19, 2023, 07:14 PM
6guns
I'm really sorry to hear this, though it doesn't hit me as hard as the loss of Jeff Beck.

CS&N and CSN&Y were a big influence on me growing up and some of David's songs in particular were pretty epic. Too bad he was such a prick, by many accounts.

Still, RIP, David Crosby.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>
January 19, 2023, 07:21 PM
6guns

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>
January 19, 2023, 08:22 PM
YellowJacket
Huge Crosby fan. My parents were big acoustic, singer songwriter fans as I was growing up and we listened to a ton of CSNY and then sat around singing and playing it. Everybody in my family sings so we rode down the road singing 4 part harmony to Our House and Suite: Judy Blue Eyes.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.
January 19, 2023, 08:54 PM
Greymann

January 19, 2023, 10:11 PM
chbibc
Immigration Man...although he didn't write it, it is one of my favorites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KruM0hYCBhA

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chbibc,

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.
January 19, 2023, 11:26 PM
mcrimm
CSNY was my most played album ever while I was in Navy Nuclear Power School in Vallejo. Amazing Crosby made it to 81 in view of lifestyle.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham
January 20, 2023, 05:16 AM
r0gue
30 years ago I saw them in an outdoor concert. We had cheap lawn tickets, but we'd meandered (snuck) into the actual seating near the stage and stood near the older well-to-do crowd who paid for the good seats.. I distinctly remember telling some older-than-I guy how lucky we were to be able to get to see these great older musicians before they leave us. I mean "how many more shows do they have in them, right?, How much longer will they even be around?".

David passed at 81, so he was only 51 then... I'm now 51. To be fair, he looked then, even with my now wiser eyes, to be at least more like mid-late 60s. At the time, he was still eeking along on the first liver. Hard livin' for David.

I loved CSN/CSNY music throughout my youth. I was lucky enough to buy the box-set which introduced me to a lot of less popular, but wonderful tracks. This was before you could explore with streaming. The Lee Shore is my all-time fav, in a catalog that is hard to pick a favorite.

-- Sunset smells of dinner, women calling me to end my tales. But, perhaps I'll see you, the next quiet place I furl my sails.

-- And it's a fair wind. Blowin' warm out of the south over my shoulder. Guess I'll set a course and go.

January 20, 2023, 06:18 AM
lastmanstanding
My girl friend in high school broke up with me. When she did she wrote the lyrics to Suite: Judy Blue Eyes down and gave it to me with her own remarks in the beginning and the end. That was over fifty years ago. You'd think I'd hate the song but I don't. I still think of her from time to time and especially when I hear the song of course.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton
January 20, 2023, 09:26 AM
6guns
Early David with The Byrds

January 20, 2023, 09:40 AM
smschulz
The wife is a big fan, way more than me.
I like but not love CSNY or CSN tunes.
Very talented and a big influence at the time.
Sad to see so many of the era going away.
RIP
January 20, 2023, 10:37 AM
Gustofer
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
At the time, he was still eeking along on the first liver.

As I recall, wasn't there a big broohaha back when he got that transplant? Seemed as though he jumped the list ahead of many others.

January 20, 2023, 12:11 PM
PASig
It sucks that this is beginning to accelerate but we are now reaching that point where most of these singers are in their 70’s and 80’s Frown

RIP

My favorite from CSN:

January 20, 2023, 05:41 PM
r0gue
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
At the time, he was still eeking along on the first liver.

As I recall, wasn't there a big broohaha back when he got that transplant? Seemed as though he jumped the list ahead of many others.

Yeah, I remember that. I can't recall if it was hopping the line that was the issue, or the fact that he was a world-renowned drug abuser and drinker (at least in the day) and that he didn't deserve a new organ to abuse.

January 21, 2023, 02:53 PM
ZSMICHAEL
quote:
Yeah, I remember that. I can't recall if it was hopping the line that was the issue, or the fact that he was a world-renowned drug abuser and drinker (at least in the day) and that he didn't deserve a new organ to abuse.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Both of the above.