SIGforum
Megan Leavey - A movie about a Marine and her Explosives Detection Dog

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/6130036644

September 04, 2018, 01:14 PM
RAMIUS
Megan Leavey - A movie about a Marine and her Explosives Detection Dog
I was pleasantly surprised with this one. Watched it on Amazon Prime.

Despite the fact that it's about a Marine, there's no profanity or nudity Big Grin

I teared up.

Megan Leavey is a US Marine corporal who served as a Military Police K9 handler. She was paired with military working dog Rex (E168). The pair served two deployments in Iraq together. They were first deployed to Fallujah in 2005, and then to Ramadi in 2006, where they were both wounded by an improvised explosive device. Leavey was awarded the Purple Heart and the Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal with a "V" device denoting heroism in combat.
September 05, 2018, 12:15 AM
drendean
Good movie. I enjoyed it.

drendean
September 05, 2018, 12:30 PM
RichN
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
... there's no nudity ...

With Kate Mara that's a damn shame. Wink

Seriously though, it sounds like the subject matter was treated with the dignity it deserves.
I hadn't heard about this, but it is now on my must watch list.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)
September 05, 2018, 12:32 PM
Orive 8
I watched it with my wife, we both liked it. Nice story.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.
September 05, 2018, 12:46 PM
Sigmund
quote:
Originally posted by Orive 8:
I watched it with my wife, we both liked it. Nice story.

Same here. We saw in the theater about a year ago.
September 05, 2018, 04:06 PM
bdylan
I enjoyed this as well.
September 07, 2018, 06:03 PM
Valpo Fz
Looked good but I couldn’t make it through the previews. To close to home.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS
September 08, 2018, 09:12 AM
Modern Day Savage
I watched this movie last night. Based on some of the previous movies released from Bleeker Street productions I was so disappointed in I didn't have high expectations for Megan Leavey. I only really decided to watch it based on this thread.

Really great movie and a really great story. Not Academy Award great maybe, but inspiring story and enjoyable to watch. I learned a lot about the K-9 handler and working dog relationship, how they are trained, what environments they operate in together, and the danger of the various missions they could be assigned on any given day, and came away with a better understanding of how they become so close.

Surprisingly well scored with some good music as well.