SIGforum
Disney is buying 21st Century Fox for $52.4 Billion

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/6030026434

December 14, 2017, 07:15 AM
maladat
Disney is buying 21st Century Fox for $52.4 Billion
http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/1...-fox-deal/index.html

There was talk about this several weeks ago, it looks like it is actually happening.

Disney is getting the movie studio, regional sports networks, and the FX and National Geographic TV channels.

It sounds like the deal is largely about Disney owning rights to popular TV shows for a future streaming service.

One bonus side-effect is that now that Disney will own 21st Century Fox, Disney will own rights to the X-Men and can put them in Marvel Studios films.
December 14, 2017, 07:24 AM
RogueJSK
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
One bonus side-effect is that now that Disney will own 21st Century Fox, Disney will own rights to the X-Men and can put them in Marvel Studios films.

Fantastic Four too.
December 14, 2017, 08:13 AM
Orguss
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:

Well, heck, time to start doing reshoots of Infinity War.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
December 14, 2017, 12:22 PM
soggy_spinout
Given enough time, Disney will own EVERYTHING. At least until Amazon or Apple buys them out.
December 14, 2017, 12:32 PM
apprentice
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Given enough time, Disney will own EVERYTHING. At least until Amazon or Apple buys them out.

Now all restaurants are Taco Bell.
December 14, 2017, 03:29 PM
Hound Dog
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:

Now all restaurants are Taco Bell.

I don't think anybody's going to touch Fantastic 4 again any time soon. . . Both versions tanked badly.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher
December 14, 2017, 04:05 PM
46and2
If we could get a dozen more X-men movies like and within the existing Marvel cinematic universe with the recent X-men cast that would be great, as far as I'm concerned.

Fassbender, Mcavoy, JLaw, Sansa, Kravitz, and the rest, but done even better.
December 14, 2017, 05:35 PM
maladat
Yeah... the Fantastic Four movies were horrible.

I don't think the X-Men movies were terrible, but they weren't all that great, either. (Except for Logan, which was awesome.)
December 14, 2017, 08:47 PM
bobtheelf
To think...it all started with the napkin with these sketches...

December 14, 2017, 09:08 PM
corsair
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
I don't think anybody's going to touch Fantastic 4 again any time soon. . . Both versions tanked badly.

Yet, they keep rolling out Spiderman and Batman movies.

The best thing that could happen with a re-introduction of Fantastic Four would be integrating Silver Surfer and Galactus back into the MCU.
December 14, 2017, 10:06 PM
Lord Vaalic
That last Xmen movie was a suckfest

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
December 14, 2017, 11:00 PM
46and2
The next Disney princess, River Tam?

December 15, 2017, 12:51 AM
Kevbo
I was really excited when I heard this for exactly what 46and2 is implying

Holy shit! Now we might get more firefly!

And then I saw the last Jedi

And for the first time in a decade maybe now I don't want more firefly...l

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?
December 15, 2017, 09:08 AM
maladat
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:

Yet, they keep rolling out Spiderman and Batman movies.

The best thing that could happen with a re-introduction of Fantastic Four would be integrating Silver Surfer and Galactus back into the MCU.

There were a bunch of articles posted online yesterday arguing that the MCU would benefit more from getting 21st Century Fox's Marvel villains than from the heroes.
December 15, 2017, 09:10 AM
maladat
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
The next Disney princess, River Tam?

Yesterday on Reddit an image popped up about the Xenomorph Queen being a Disney princess now.
December 15, 2017, 09:27 AM
kx90