SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Final Fantasy 7 Remake (PS4)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Final Fantasy 7 Remake (PS4) Login/Join 
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted
Anyone start this yet?

I've had my copy almost a week and finally have a day off and installing it now.

Disc 1 says 44 mins to install. Guess I'll play tomorrow?

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8022 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
FF7 was one of my favorites in HS.
Need to invest in a PS4, and this'll be one of the first I'll probably get for it. With the PS5 on the horizon, hopefully PS4 Pro prices start to dip.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15338 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I'm really looking forward to playing this, but will have to wait until 2021 since I only have an Xbox. It's a Playstation exclusive for the first year.

FF7 was one of the first PS games I got as a teenager, after I saved up my birthday/allowance/odd job money to buy myself a used Playstation and a shitty little 13ish inch combo TV/VCR to put in my room.

Posts: 32521 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I haven't followed the remake in quite a while.

Is it a 100% remake (updated graphics & sound), or did they make any major changes to the platform? I'd seen a few things where they changed the battle platform/method (active full-motion vs turn based), but didn't see if it was in the released version.

Posts: 15338 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
It is updated sound and graphics. I just did the first section with the reactor. My memory is foggy (I just played FF7 original again last year) but it follows the original a little bit. So far nothing is too different.

I have it set to classic where I can take a little time and select commands so it's almost turn based. Stuff's still going on so it's sort of a new battle system.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8022 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
It is updated sound and graphics. I just did the first section with the reactor. My memory is foggy (I just played FF7 original again last year) but it follows the original a little bit. So far nothing is too different.

I have it set to classic where I can take a little time and select commands so it's almost turn based. Stuff's still going on so it's sort of a new battle system.

Good to know.
I had seen something that it was going to be more like the FF13 mode.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Spoilers in this:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNHCQ396r8

Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:

Disc 1 says 44 mins to install. Guess I'll play tomorrow?

Seems every game takes about this long and it’s annoying as hell.

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post