SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Pole pruning saw- Echo or Stihl
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pole pruning saw- Echo or Stihl Login/Join 
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Bringing this back to life.

Looking at either the newer model Echo PPT 2620 vs the Stihl HT103. The Echo is a little heavier but I've read that the extension piece is a little sturdier than that of the Stihl. Some users claim the extension on the Stihl seemed to bind up when pushing it back in indicating that it was bowing some.

I have a Stihl trimmer and an Echo backpack blower and both have been great. Didn't know if someone had any input on the new model Echo pole saw with the curved handle.

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This thread should be under SIG pistols or Ammunition.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I would look at where each is made and make my decision on that.....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had the Echo PPT 260 for 4-5 years now and love it. Echo chains are cheap and all Echo parts can be bought at Home Depot and shipped to your local store for free. It's a work horse and I use it about every 2 weeks. Both brands are very good equipment.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use my fiskars 16 ft. saw twice a year and think it does a very good job

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54600 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post