SIGforum
Well....There goes 007

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/5430067934

March 28, 2018, 07:29 PM
Lord Vaalic
Well....There goes 007
The writer of the next James Bond movie says he will make Bond exist in the "metoo" modern world where he won't "use" women anymore.

Is nothing sacred? Guess the Bond franchise is shit now too, with a SJW 007. Maybe he will fight with SPECTRE to foil the ever advancing evils of toxic masculinity.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
March 28, 2018, 07:42 PM
vthoky
Holy emasculation, Batman.
Will Bond drive a Prius in the next flick, too?

God bless America.
March 28, 2018, 08:07 PM
scot818
I won’t jump on the hate wagon just yet... I remember when they said something similar about The Living Daylights. “They” said they were going to curtail Bond’s womanizing by only having him bed the blonde cello player. It had to do with making people feel like they were slowing the spread of aids.
March 28, 2018, 09:56 PM
njauto
I hear he will drink Cosmopolitans and be wearing a Invicta diver..
March 28, 2018, 10:11 PM
StayFrosty
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:

A Vespa. It wouldn't be the first time in the series.
March 28, 2018, 10:17 PM
Ronin1069
quote:
be wearing a Invicta diver..

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
March 28, 2018, 10:19 PM
xwesler
quote:
Originally posted by StayFrosty:
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:

A Vespa. It wouldn't be the first time in the series.

No no, that was Vesper Wink Big Grin

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.
March 28, 2018, 10:35 PM
Ripley
Man bun fashioned by M, beware. Eek

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.
March 28, 2018, 10:49 PM
cslinger
A man bun would make a fantastic covert explosive/grenade. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."
March 28, 2018, 11:52 PM
Kevmo
So I suppose this is off the table

https://youtu.be/bcNGYRKBfHA
March 29, 2018, 01:59 AM
iron chef
quote:
Originally posted by scot818:
I won’t jump on the hate wagon just yet... I remember when they said something similar about The Living Daylights. “They” said they were going to curtail Bond’s womanizing by only having him bed the blonde cello player. It had to do with making people feel like they were slowing the spread of aids.

I remember this. It didn't go over well w/ viewers, and I believe it's one of the reasons why Timothy Dalton only lasted two movies as Bond. The franchise brought in Pierce Brosnan, and Bond was back to putting the screws to the ladies.
March 29, 2018, 06:36 AM
Opus Dei
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
quote:
Originally posted by scot818:

I remember this. It didn't go over well w/ viewers, and I believe it's one of the reasons why Timothy Dalton only lasted two movies as Bond. The franchise brought in Pierce Brosnan, and Bond was back to putting the screws to the ladies.
I didn't know that. I stopped watching when Judi Dench came along. It was that speech she gave Bond about not tolerating his womanizing and recklessness that drove me away for a while. Isn't that what 007 is all about?
March 29, 2018, 06:54 AM
Tommydogg
I wouldn't be surprized if they made him bisexual or homosexual.

Beth Greene
March 29, 2018, 07:06 AM
Todd Huffman
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
I wouldn't be surprized if they made him bisexual or homosexual.

Or a woman?

https://www.express.co.uk/ente...ure-female-woman-007

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.
March 29, 2018, 07:23 AM
CQB60
Bond, Jane Bond....

March 29, 2018, 07:47 AM
357fuzz
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
be wearing a Invicta diver..

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3utGASnOkeo" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Cripes Ronin!! I was laughing out loud at that one. Nicely done.
March 29, 2018, 08:02 AM
fatmanspencer
I'll admit the womanizing wasnt in the last few bonds , but I thought that was due to the focus being more on his action parts.

Used guns deserve a home too
March 29, 2018, 12:44 PM
iron chef
quote:
Originally posted by Opus Dei:
I didn't know that. I stopped watching when Judi Dench came along. It was that speech she gave Bond about not tolerating his womanizing and recklessness that drove me away for a while. Isn't that what 007 is all about?

M, of course, is Bond's boss. S/he takes an 'ends justify the means' approach to Bond's missions, but she also has to answer to her boss for his actions, so she can't be totally laissez faire w/ him either. 007 gets a lot of latitude, b/c he's MI6's best agent.

More specifically regarding womanizing, bedding, (and gambling, drinking, other vices) if Bond is doing it on agency time and resources, M stresses it should be for a mission purpose, not just b/c he's horny. It's not as if she's strictly opposed to it.

Ultimately, Bond and M (every movie incarnation) mutually care and respect each other deeply. Dench's M was a surrogate mother-figure to him, and her death in Skyfall devastated Bond.
March 29, 2018, 02:52 PM
gasche
The guy is “licensed to kill”, but he gets reeled in on his sexual activity? Only in the movies.
March 29, 2018, 05:19 PM
.38supersig
You guys have it all wrong,

Bond will be a cross dressing transvestite with a wooden leg, telling you to recycle and save the world from those evil 100 watt light bulbs!