Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bad movies Login/Join 
posted
What I am asking for is movies that are unintenionally hilarious when meant to be serious. I will post one later this evening that is a prime example. The dialogue causes intense laughter, there is 60s sex thrown in for a treat, George Peppard is in the lead role and the funniest for medical professionals is the explanation for this guys amensia, which is what this story is

about. I will post of the name of the movie later because I actually cannot remember. {no joke intended}

MOVIE IS CALLED THE THIRD DAY. I think I taped from TCM or something.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Night of the Lepus

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm not familiar with the fim, but when you get right down to it, most movies ever made have been mediocre.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Puckpilot78:
Night of the Lepus
Ah yes, Thunder Bunnies. So bad, it's good.

That was an ABC Movie of the Week, and I watched it with my family.

Another really bad ABC Movie of the Week: Killdozer. See, it's like a bulldozer, but it kills, so it's killdozer. Someone actually got paid for this script. This is probably where Stephen King got the idea for Christine.

Ultra-campy!

posted Hide Post
Still laughing at killdozer. On my must see list. At times like this it really helps.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The best part of the movie? The actors play it straight. No mugging, no winking, no 'nudge-nudge-I'm-in-on-the-joke'

No, this freaking bulldozer is killing the whole crew, one by one! Sorta like Alien except no acid-for-blood nor any chest jumpy thingies ruining dinner.

Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Another of Mr. King's 'so bad, they're good' movies:

Maximum Overdrive

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
In the same model, "Christine".

The worst movies I have seen aren't funny, but they're terrible: "Snowfire" (kid's movie) and "Fingers" (adult movie).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Zardoz.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Day of the Triffids; those plant monsters on rolling sleds killed me! Big Grin

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Veteran of the
Psychic Wars
posted Hide Post
DefCon 4 (1985).

Posts: 1296 | Location: The end of the Earth... | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Plan 9 from Outer Space

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15485 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
What I am asking for is movies that are unintenionally hilarious when meant to be serious.
When I was about 12 my mom took me and a friend with her to see Dr Zhivago. At some point me and him started laughing our asses off and couldn't stop. I think my mom made us all get up and leave. I feel bad we ruined it for her and whoever was seated near us. Does this count? Razz

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Megaforce (mega farce)

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
C.H.U.D.

Or

Silent Running

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Conqueror. John Wayne plays Genghis Khan.
Really.
And they filmed it downwind from a Nuke test site.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
There's cheesy, there's camp and there is just bad. "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri" is bad, it diminished everyone involved. Awful on many levels but mostly because it seemed to take itself seriously.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
When I was about 12 my mom took me and a friend with her to see Dr Zhivago. At some point me and him started laughing our asses off and couldn't stop. I think my mom made us all get up and leave. I feel bad we ruined it for her and whoever was seated near us. Does this count

^^
Yep. Still laughing. I guess you felt the same way about Lawrence of Arabia as a kid.
I love that perspective. I took Screen Arts in college as a jock course. It was hard though. Watched silent movies. I learned a lot about film. Not to reveal my age, the laugh box came out at the time. Imagine four hundred college guys in a room watching movies. First it was guys imitating the wind and sound effects. Then came the laugh box. The Prof was livid. I had not thought about that in years. Poor Charlie Chaplin falling down and the laugh box going full blast.

posted Hide Post
Hey guys you forgot the Biblical films. Not stepping on toes here. Just plain awful. You know them one guy posted it another thread I think Jack Palance. I cannot remember film. Could be Silver Chalice. Not sure not seen the film. Not making fun of religion just the film. Jesus Christ Superstar I think got good reviews. So there.

posted Hide Post
Dolomite. Must see. This is a classic and controversial because of racial overtones. It is not what you think. A film classic:

In contrast to above it WAS MEANT TO BE FUNNY.