SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Black Crab on Netflix
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Black Crab on Netflix Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted
Just finished this. It's a decent-but-not-great mid-budget Swedish dystopian war film.

In the midst of an unexplained brutal war in the near future, Noomi Raapace stars as a member of a special military unit tasked with infiltrating behind enemy lines, ice-skating on the frozen ocean through an archipelago, to deliver important items to a cut-off military facility.

Lots of FN SCARs, FN FNCs, HK 416s, HK G36s, HK MP5s, and Glocks.

Decent acting and action. Lots of cool-looking wide shots of the frozen Nordic countryside in the depth of winter. But overly stereotypical characters in the squad (the kid, the forlorn lover, the pretentious officer, the tough guy with a soft side, the badass heroine, etc.), shit tactics like building fires and using white lights in the open at night, and the usual Hollywood bullshit gun sound effects (like ARs and Glocks repeatedly going "click-click-click" to let the audience know they're empty). Ending is predictable.

Worth the 2 hours if you're bored.

It's available with English dubbing if you must, but as always, watching in the original language (Swedish) with English subtitles is best.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
We watched it last night. I concur. an OK film.

A little more backstory would be nice. You never had any idea why there was a war or what they were fighting for.

Not bad just meh.

Posts: 2715 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the review. I'll wait until all my books are read and all my chores are done, etc.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Two things:

1) I watched it because . . . Noomi.

2) I think part of the movie philosophical non-telling of the origins of war are that all wars are the same.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post