SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Blast from 1972: Popcorn by Apollo 100
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blast from 1972: Popcorn by Apollo 100 Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
The percolator music post in the recommend an espresso machine thread in the lounge prompted this in my memory. Yes I still have the LP bought when it was released.

The whole LP is on YouTube here. Not a bad cut on it! Well worth a listen. https://www.youtube.com/c/TimothyQStanton

Tracklist:

Amazing Grace
Custer's Last Stand
Tristesse
Opus 5
Valleys
Popcorn
Beethoven 9
Telstar ............. Great version
Nutrocker
William Tell

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16224 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Another of theirs with the hit "Joy"

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16224 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
I clicked on this thread having no idea who Apollo 100 was but instantly recognized both Popcorn and Joy when I listened. Thanks for transporting me back to my youth in the 1970’s, bald1. Cool

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
My father bought us these albums in the 70's.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34122 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
This is going to prompt me to track down a copy of Tubular Bells by Oldfield.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3592 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
A lot of these album covers from that era had rather naughty stuff on them. I'm sure my uncle had this one in his huge collection of 8 tracks I discovered one day at his house as a 12 year old or so. He definitely had this one which I thought was good too:

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
A lot of these album covers from that era had rather naughty stuff on them. I'm sure my uncle had this one in his huge collection of 8 tracks I discovered one day at his house as a 12 year old or so. He definitely had this one which I thought was good too:

My father had this album… the cover image is still burned into my retinas, I stared at it so long.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post