SIGforum
Blast from 1972: Popcorn by Apollo 100

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/4980051194

April 11, 2022, 10:03 PM
bald1
Blast from 1972: Popcorn by Apollo 100
The percolator music post in the recommend an espresso machine thread in the lounge prompted this in my memory. Yes I still have the LP bought when it was released.

The whole LP is on YouTube here. Not a bad cut on it! Well worth a listen. https://www.youtube.com/c/TimothyQStanton

Tracklist:

Amazing Grace
Custer's Last Stand
Tristesse
Opus 5
Valleys
Popcorn
Beethoven 9
Telstar ............. Great version
Nutrocker
William Tell

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
April 11, 2022, 10:47 PM
bald1
Another of theirs with the hit "Joy"

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
April 12, 2022, 06:02 AM
12GA
I clicked on this thread having no idea who Apollo 100 was but instantly recognized both Popcorn and Joy when I listened. Thanks for transporting me back to my youth in the 1970’s, bald1. Cool

April 12, 2022, 06:25 AM
Mars_Attacks
My father bought us these albums in the 70's.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.
April 12, 2022, 01:50 PM
redstone
This is going to prompt me to track down a copy of Tubular Bells by Oldfield.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson
April 13, 2022, 12:34 PM
PASig
A lot of these album covers from that era had rather naughty stuff on them. I'm sure my uncle had this one in his huge collection of 8 tracks I discovered one day at his house as a 12 year old or so. He definitely had this one which I thought was good too:

April 13, 2022, 02:37 PM
mttaylor1066
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
A lot of these album covers from that era had rather naughty stuff on them. I'm sure my uncle had this one in his huge collection of 8 tracks I discovered one day at his house as a 12 year old or so. He definitely had this one which I thought was good too:

My father had this album… the cover image is still burned into my retinas, I stared at it so long.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.