SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 227
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Albon ruled out for Monza with appendicitis.
DeVries to stand in for him.

Source: F1 official site

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15153 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Albon ruled out for Monza with appendicitis.
DeVries to stand in for him.

Source: F1 official site

And DeVires out qualified Latifi, even though he had zero prep time in the Williams other than FP3. Fun fact, DeVries actually also ran in FP1, but in the Aston Martin.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Former F2 & FE champion, but still impressed to outqualify Latifi.
Also crazy to drive 2 different current cars in one weekend.

Posts: 15153 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Between qualifying and the race, I think Latifi has driven himself out of F1.

The Driver's Championship is all but a done deal. Same for the Constructor's Championship. With the way Robot Max is driving his Red Bull, it's entirely possible he wins the rest of the races this season.

Second place in the DC looks like it's up for grabs, with something like 16 points separating three drivers.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I really thought LeClerc would be there at the end. But after the tire change he just couldn't make up time.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3575 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
DeVries impressed today.
Latifi got outdriven, handily.
Bottas, not bad for a damaged car.
Schumacher passing while locked up was impressive.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I'm always amazed how they can't seem to clear off stopped cars of blow off the track during a caution given the resources.
They seem to like using brooms when a backpack leaf blower could easily do the work of at least 20 workers and much more quickly.
I think our local wreckers could arrive and pick up a car more quickly.
Another rule they need to add is that all lapped cars just fall behind any lead lap cars within maybe 10 laps of the end or develop a much better system to sort things out quicker and more efficiently.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I get not being able to get it into neutral & roll it off track.
Definitely seemed to take an extended time for the JCB to get on track.

Also saw video that DeVries was so wiped after the race, that he needed assistance to get out of the car.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Another snooze of a race. No screw-ups or break downs from Ferrari, at least. Red Bull is so much better than every one else this year that it is turning out to be a very boring year.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
With the way Robot Max is driving his Red Bull, it's entirely possible he wins the rest of the races this season.

I thought the same thing yesterday at the end of the race, "Max could easily win every single race for the rest of the year, everyone else is fighting for the other two spots on the podium."

Posts: 2280 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by holdem:
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
With the way Robot Max is driving his Red Bull, it's entirely possible he wins the rest of the races this season.

I thought the same thing yesterday at the end of the race, "Max could easily win every single race for the rest of the year, everyone else is fighting for the other two spots on the podium."

It is possible, although it would be quite a feat to avoid all of the unexpected and impossible-to-predict unlucky strokes that could cost him a race.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Yep, Max pretty much has the WCD locked up, I think he has >100 pts over Leclerc after Monza.
Just a fight for 2nd now.

posted Hide Post
You know that Leclerc was whipping that Ferrari for everything it had, but Max just had more!! At least Charles made the podium and a lot of tifosi happy. George is making Lew-Lew look a bit 2nd rate these days in the Merc team.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Max to DNF Monza 2023?

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Max to DNF Monza 2023?

He didn't finish last year, so maybe the trend flipped.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
2023 Official Calendar

Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I am excited that they are going to Las Vegas, but dang that is going to be tough to relocate to Abu Dhabi a week later.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3575 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I always wondered why the calendar is structured the way it is.

Canada & Miami specifically.

Baku > Miami > Imola
Barcelona > Canada > Austria

Just seems wasteful (funny when speaking of F1) to jump across the Atlantic twice for 1 race out of sequence.

Similar the later sequence:
Monza > Singapore > Japan, then back west to Losail & then to the Americas for the Austin, Mexico, Brazil, LV series.
You'd think putting Losail after LV & bumping the Americas leg up a week or two & do the ME together.

I get having to work around typical weather patterns & other local events, but seems it would make more sense to spread it a bit differently & have a Euro season, Asian leg, American (N & S) leg.

posted Hide Post
^^^ There was a neat documentary about how DHL moves F1 around the globe. They have multiple sets of everything, so the car they drive in Vegas won't be the car they drive in Abu Dhabi.
It's worth a watch if you can find it.

** My Underdeveloped Collection **
Sig Sauer P229 .40 Black with Aluminum Grips
Sig Sauer P250 9mm Black
Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm
Springfield XD .40 Subcompact Black
Springfield XD .45 Tactical Bi-Tone

Posts: 645 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
In other news on down weeks, if you've not yet listened to the Beyond the Grid podcast with Timo Glock it's pretty good. In particular the story about not talking to Masa for 10 years after Brazil, and seeing him in paddock, eventually leading to an interview and them hanging out together.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12349 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post