SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Graeme Edge of The Moody Blues has passed.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Graeme Edge of The Moody Blues has passed. Login/Join 
Dances With
Tornados
posted
Graeme Edge, the Drummer and last original member of The Moody Blues, has passed from cancer at the age of 80.

This is sad, I’ve always loved their music as well as the live in person appearances, seen them many times.

Link

Posts: 11865 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38726 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
sad news

The MB had some great music

Posts: 53240 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Sad to hear Frown

The Moody Blues is perhaps my all-time favorite band.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
First vinyl album I ever bought for myself was The Best of the Moody Blues.

Wore the grooves out on that album.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Interesting that Edge is termed the “last original member” of the Moody Blues. If Justin Hayward and John Lodge weren’t “original members,” they were certainly present for the glory years. RIP Graeme Edge

Posts: 13304 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
A thousand years ago I was a kid at Chicago's Electric Playground, Moody Blues and Wishbone Ash led the bill. As WB played, I bumped into Ray Thomas as he walked the floor, probably my first brush with greatness. The Moody Blues inhabited their own special world at that time, underappreciated IMO.

RIP Graeme Edge.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8367 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
RIP Graeme. The Moody Blues were one of my favorite bands. Glad I got too see them play a couple of times over the years.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10499 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38726 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
Probably the lyrics to Late Lament is probably, Edge's best obituary:

Breathe deep the gathering gloom.
Watch lights fade from every room.
Bedsitter people look back and lament.
Another day's useless energy is spent.
Impassioned lovers wrestle as one;
Lonely man cries for love and has none.
New mother picks up and suckles her son.
Senior citizens wish they were young.
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night.
Removes the colours from our sight.
Red is grey is yellow white.
But we decide which is right.
And which is an illusion.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 759 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Blasting , Billowing, Bursting forth
with the power of Ten Billion butterfly sneezes

What a great song. I think this is the first one he wrote in its entirety. “Higher and Higher” off To our Children’s Children’s Children.

Posts: 11149 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
A thousand years ago I was a kid at Chicago's Electric Playground, Moody Blues and Wishbone Ash led the bill. As WB played, I bumped into Ray Thomas as he walked the floor, probably my first brush with greatness. The Moody Blues inhabited their own special world at that time, underappreciated IMO.

RIP Graeme Edge.
Minor point, but are you thinking of the Kinetic Playground?

Posts: 4015 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
Minor point, but are you thinking of the Kinetic Playground?

Yes!! Memory fades...

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8367 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Bummer. RIP Graeme.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9370 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post