SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Allstate "I'm your cat" commercial
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Allstate "I'm your cat" commercial Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted
I laugh every time I watch this.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I like the Mayhem commercials.

Like “meow”
Hah!
Slight thread drift....I did the Supertroopers meow routine on a spam caller the other day. Guy at work sitting next to me counted five before they cussed me and hung up. Big Grin

BTW: I thought Mayhem did a pretty good job in John Wick as Viggo’s Right hand man. I didn’t realize how much stuff he (Dean Winters) had been in.

Also, too much truth in this commercial. Number two reason I don’t have a cat.

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Beat me to it. Smile
I was going to stick this in the cat thread.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
Beat me to it. Smile
I was going to stick this in the cat thread.

DO IT. Big Grin

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The mayhem commercials are usually excellent. I love this cat commercial. Perfectly played.

Posts: 792 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This guy is perfect for the role. I first saw him as a scheming Irish inmate in OZ. In the series he is constantly protecting his developmentally delayed brother who is incarcerated as well. He is a mischievious manipulative sociopath in OZ. Sets up other inmates constantly, and then laughs about it.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Dean Winters is his name. Before Oz, he did a handful of episodes of another Barry Levinson series- Homicide: Life on the Street, which IMO is the best police drama ever, by far. This series was contemporary to NYPD Blue, and while I was a big fan of both shows and while I dearly love Dennis Franz in NYPD Blue, that show was unrealistic. The detectives in NYPD Blue wrapped up cases PDQ every episode, before the last commercial break. Criminals just poured their hearts out to the police in that show. Poured their hearts out, confessed crimes, etc, or the perfect witness came forth and all the pieces just dropped into place. Very unrealistic. In the very first episode of Homicide: Life on the Street, Detective Bayliss had a case of a murdered child, Adena Watson. They never solved that case through the entire series. A couple of seasons into the series, they had a suspect in interrogation at one point and you said to yourself "OK, so this is the guy." Nope. Maybe he did it, maybe he didn't, but he walked. Now that is realistic. The detective squad of NYPD Blue never had an unsolved case, and that's just BS.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled cat commercial...

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
Allstate also uses the getaway driver in Heat to sell car insurance.

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1083 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Dennis Haysbert

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Dude was also in Rescue Me. I think he played Denis Leary's brother. That's what I remember seeing him in.

Posts: 11151 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Para, you brought back a great memory. I was a fan of Homicide: Life on the Street but not such a fan of NYPD Blue for the very reasons you mentioned. I recall arguing with my friend Chad about it.

"NYPD Blue is for children who have to have every problem solved in the allotted time!" I would say.

"You're just contrarian." He would respond.

We were college roommates and friends. The repartee was somewhat limited.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
Dude was also in Rescue Me. I think he played Denis Leary's brother. That's what I remember seeing him in.

Cop brother. Killed but occasionally brought back as a ghost to mess with Tommy's head.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was Great....and so True. VI...

Posts: 646 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the all state commercials.

I also loved his character on the show Battle Creek.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:

Cop brother. Killed but occasionally brought back as a ghost to mess with Tommy's head.

Yup, that's him. Loved him in Rescue Me. Great show.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
“Better protected from mayhem. Like meow”.

Gold! Big Grin

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I always loved this one (and the GPS one of course).

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/5_5IdWWRL4w

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post