SIGforum
"The Defense Department regrets to inform you...

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/4520000924

August 16, 2017, 12:32 PM
Orguss
"The Defense Department regrets to inform you...
"... that your sons are dead because they were stupid."

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
August 16, 2017, 12:58 PM
LS1 GTO
The plaque for the alternates is down in the ladies room.

(And there actually was one for a while. Wink)

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

August 16, 2017, 01:02 PM
229DAK
"I feel the need...the need..for speed"

August 16, 2017, 02:39 PM
RHINOWSO
"Great Ballz of fire...."
August 16, 2017, 02:59 PM
YellowJacket
Slider... you stink.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.
August 16, 2017, 04:33 PM
Prefontaine
because I was inverted.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone
August 16, 2017, 04:46 PM
Gustofer
Son, your ego is writing checks your body can't cash.

August 16, 2017, 04:51 PM
DaBigBR
... of a lady this time ...
August 16, 2017, 04:52 PM
IndyRob
Lets kick the tires.... Oops wrong movie :P Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full.
August 16, 2017, 05:05 PM
heathtx
cough "BULLSHIT!" cough
August 16, 2017, 08:43 PM
MikeGLI
Penny Benjamin?

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.
August 16, 2017, 10:00 PM
83v45magna
We have a crisis situation...

I always thought this was probably the worst edit in this whole movie. First time I saw it with a friend and we both laughed out loud in the theater.
August 17, 2017, 07:49 PM
redstone
"Every time we go up there, it's like you're flying with a ghost."

This was THE image for me when I was a kid. Man I wanted to be one of these guys.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson
August 17, 2017, 09:39 PM
slabsides45
That was my buddy's and my plan for getting college paid for. Simple: go into the Navy, flight school, fly jets, get chicks, get tuition money, and eventually cruise back to school.

Turned out they don't really need many 6'5" jet pilots.... Frickin' Navy. Such a stellar plan.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers
August 18, 2017, 09:43 AM
Sigmund
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:

...Turned out they don't really need many 6'5" jet pilots...

I think the issue is fitting into the seat, it may also be safety during an ejection. That may have been what kept women out of fighters until they made mods to the seats.

Paging RHINO, please chime in!
August 18, 2017, 09:56 AM
83v45magna
Former NFL player Chad Hennings was an A-10 pilot and they always said because it was the only combat airplane they had he would fit into.

Oh and....

'You're not gonna be happy unless you're going mach two with your hair on fire.'
August 18, 2017, 10:32 AM
RogueJSK
Yeehaw! Jester's dead!
August 18, 2017, 12:15 PM
Orguss
quote:
That was my buddy's and my plan for getting college paid for. Simple: go into the Navy, flight school, fly jets, get chicks, get tuition money, and eventually cruise back to school.

Turned out they don't really need many 6'5" jet pilots.... Frickin' Navy. Such a stellar plan.

quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
I think the issue is fitting into the seat, it may also be safety during an ejection. That may have been what kept women out of fighters until they made mods to the seats.

No quotes from the movie, guys. Please include quotes to go along with your conversation.

"Come on, Mav, do some of that pilot shit!"

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
August 18, 2017, 05:02 PM
slabsides45
Apologies...

"So you're the one."

"Yes ma'am."

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers
August 18, 2017, 07:39 PM
jigray3
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:

...Turned out they don't really need many 6'5" jet pilots...

AS I understand it, it's biology. Distance from head to heart means big guys have trouble staying conscious pulling multiple G's.

Slider: Goose, whose butt did you kiss to get in here anyway?

Goose: The list is long, but distinguished.

Slider: Yeah, well so is my Johnson.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman