SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The solar eclipse which takes place in the 1961 film Barabbas, airing today on TCM
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The solar eclipse which takes place in the 1961 film Barabbas, airing today on TCM Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
The film Barabbas stars Anthony Quinn and deals with a figure mentioned in the New Testament.

In the film, a solar eclipse is portrayed during the crucifixion of Jesus. Some will be surprised to learn that this was not movie magic, but rather an actual solar eclipse cleverly worked into the film. The crucifixion scene was filmed in Tuscany, Italy, and the solar eclipse occurred on February 15, 1961- the day the scene was film.

And here it is: Solar eclipse of February 15, 1961

Posts: 107263 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I don’t believe I ever saw that movie. What an incredible story and scene!

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post