SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Grand Tour: Lochdown
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Grand Tour: Lochdown Login/Join 
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
The official explanation was that everyone joneses to have American this and that, bluejeans, sunglasses etc.... but it's all made in China now.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5641 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
It was fun, scripted and forced, but still fun to watch.

Lets see, Hammond is driving too fast and too close to the edge, obviously he's going to put it in the ditch... which he does, no doubt on purpose. We see it flip on it's side, but only see it happen from the inside. No doubt because they pushed it over on purpose. But whatever.

Posts: 21039 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Mrs. Highlander and I really enjoyed it. I have driven that Applecross road they showed. Scared the hell out of me driving through a cloud with the two way traffic on a single track road.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hammond's Dodge Charger RT didn't last long. From what I could gather, a brake caliper failed and broke off (rim damage?), jamming the front wheel, which caused the transmission to bind (?) and somehow caused the engine to implode?

What am I missing?

P229

Posts: 3808 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hammond's Dodge Charger RT didn't last long. From what I could gather, a brake caliper failed and broke off (rim damage?), jamming the front wheel, which caused the transmission to bind (?) and somehow caused the engine to implode?

AWD restomod?

I watched a chunk of the episode, but did more fast forwarding than actual viewing. Standard Top Gear/Grand Tour formula content. Found it all rather dumb, after years of the same sort of stuff from these three.

-MG

Posts: 1920 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
New Special A Scandi Flick
9/16/22

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15130 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've over done it.... Cool

Posts: 14548 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Just started watching James May Our Man in Italy

as expected the photography is stunning

Posts: 53071 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

We have as well. Good so far. We particularly enjoyed the bits about Pompeii and the tunnels under Naples.

Always look forward to the new episodes of TGT, even if they are the same old formula. Wink

Posts: 11345 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:

May have to give that one a watch. We're planning an Italy trip for next April.

Posts: 15130 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
In for sure. My favorite countries with my favorite presenters.

Side note: Clarkson's Farm S2 finished filming last month and should be out around New Year's.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3427 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Finished watching Italy yesterday. I give it 5 thumbs up.

Posts: 53071 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Finished watching Italy yesterday. I give it 5 thumbs up.

Thanks. I'll have to find it and watch with my wife. She spent a total of 2 years over there for work so I'm sure she'll have an interesting critique.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3427 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I thought it was underwhelming.
Its a James May show so, its features more esoteric and various oddities that May finds interesting or, the producers can find and get May twisted up.

Posts: 14548 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
He was going to be in America, but with pandemic did Italy, which I'm sure still limited what he could do. Hopefully USA is next.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5641 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
New Special A Scandi Flick
9/16/22

Episode dropped today.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30282 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Saw it on my Prime feed last night, but watched a bit more Expanse instead, as it was late.
May watch tonight.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Haha, James May, holy shit!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30282 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Haha, James May, holy shit!

^This, x2

posted Hide Post
May ate shit!!!

Eek