SIGforum
Och, if you like the pipes, then...

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/4380073694

November 18, 2022, 10:51 PM
Pyker
Och, if you like the pipes, then...
you'll love this:

Amazing Grace played by 200 pipers and accompanying musicians at the Berlin Military Tattoo in 2021.

Sound up and ENJOY!

November 18, 2022, 11:13 PM
Modern Day Savage
I've loved Amazing Grace for as long as I can remember, and no matter who or where it is performed, I stop to listen and watch. I do love to hear it performed on the bagpipes, probably among my top favorite performances, but I've heard it performed by solo pipes, or perhaps a couple or more. To see it performed with a solo lead singer and dozens of pipes... well that is simply the most amazing and impressive rendition I've ever heard.

I'd never heard of the Berlin Tattoo (or any musical tattoo for that matter), but apparently it is an annual traditional military style music festival, and a pretty big and popular event.

Thanks for sharing the video.
November 19, 2022, 05:42 PM
jeffxjet
quote:

I'd never heard of the Berlin Tattoo (or any musical tattoo for that matter), but apparently it is an annual traditional military style music festival, and a pretty big and popular event.

Thanks for sharing the video.

I had the pleasure of seeing the Edinburgh Tattoo in Edinburgh a few years ago. Youtube some of those videos...amazing.

November 19, 2022, 06:45 PM
Mboroman
As a former piper, I highly approve of this rendition! Very well done.
November 20, 2022, 09:26 AM
TMats
That really was cool. We’re planning a trip to Scotland in the spring and will make a point of viewing the Edinburgh Military Tattoo. That said, I can’t help but quote Oscar Wilde speaking about bagpipes:

“Thank heaven there is no smell.”

November 20, 2022, 09:46 AM
urbanwarrior238
Man he has a beautiful voice. Very nice

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member
November 20, 2022, 11:04 AM
nasig
fantastic
November 20, 2022, 12:15 PM
old rugged cross
Glorious, Thanks for sharing.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"
November 20, 2022, 12:42 PM
ChuckFinley
Very nice version. Black Watch performing it live is also a wonderful experience.

I'll leave my favorit a cappela version here

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis