SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    I was wondering if you could help us? We seem to be lost. We were looking for the entrance to San Quentin. You know where that is?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I was wondering if you could help us? We seem to be lost. We were looking for the entrance to San Quentin. You know where that is? Login/Join 
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted
It's back there, don't cha see too good?

- Yeah, I see fine. I just wanted to know if you knew where San Quentin was, and you do, don't ya? Asshole.

Posts: 7227 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
A man's got to know his limitations.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16252 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I’m just trying to find out if anybody in this room knows what the hell law is being broken, besides cruelty to animals!”

Posts: 23224 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
I’m just trying to find out if anybody in this room knows what the hell law is being broken, besides cruelty to animals!”

I may be wrong (I probably am!) but this quote is from the third movie (The Enforcer) in the series while the OP and first reply is from the second (Magnum Force).

This scenario and question Harry asks in the interview process is awesome! Of course Harry has many memorable quotes in all of these movies.

Posts: 374 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
You're not wrong. But it is easy to have some of these run together in memory. I am just proud that anyone recognized such an arcane, off the wall quote from any of these early to mid seventies movies.

Posts: 7227 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
"In broad daylight at close range? They must've looked like ripe melons. I'll never forget the Floyd Case. Got it with an axe during rush hour ... how about some cream pie?"

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
The Nerd-dom ran strong with me as a kid re: a lot of things, including “Dirty Harry” movies. When the original, “Magnum Force,” or “The Enforcer” aired, I sit by the TV with with a cassette recorder and spare tapes at the ready. Record the whole movie from start to finish. And listen to it all about a zillion times over.

All that to say, yes, I knew the opening line of this thread straight-away haha…

As I ponder it, I see that The Nerd indeed abides with me yet! Smile

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig239dlehr:
quote:

I may be wrong (I probably am!) but this quote is from the third movie (The Enforcer) in the series while the OP and first reply is from the second (Magnum Force).

This scenario and question Harry asks in the interview process is awesome! Of course Harry has many memorable quotes in all of these movies.

No you are correct, it is from the Enforcer, shoulda fact checked it.....

Posts: 23224 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Hypothetical situation, huh? All right, I'm standing on the street corner, and Mrs. Grey there comes up and propositions me. She says if I come home with her, for $5 she'll put on an exhibition with a Shetland pony...

Posts: 13790 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
The Mayor: Callahan... I don't want any more trouble like you had last year in the Fillmore district. You understand? That's my policy.

Harry Callahan: Yeah, well, when an adult male is chasing a female with intent to commit rape, I shoot the bastard - that's my policy.

The Mayor: Intent? How'd you establish that?

Harry Callahan: When a naked man is chasing a woman through a dark alley with a butcher knife and a hard on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross.

The Mayor: I think he's got a point.

Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
Tell you something. If the rest of you could shoot like them, I wouldn't care if the whole damn department was queer.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6705 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, here's three salty looking dudes!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15996 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I gotsta know!

A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with shooting as long as the right people get shot

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I gotsta know!

Albert Popwell. Great character actor. He was in the first 4 movies had been offered a role in Dead Pool but couldn’t make it fit his schedule.

Posts: 4735 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
Suicide Jumper: Don't you try to get me!

Harry Callahan: Not me, no. You're the one who wants to get yourself killed. Not me. That always happens with you men, you know? At the last minute, you wanna grab on to something or take somebody with you, but down you go. Not me, brother.

Suicide Jumper: Aren't you gonna try to grab me?

Harry Callahan: A friend of mine was up about 20 floors with a jumper a few years ago. The jumper grabbed him, they went off, 20 floors down. Just mashed 'em all to bits. You couldn't tell which legs were which, you couldn't tell which arms were which, it was a terrible mess. And I'll tell ya, I almost threw up myself. I'd just like your name and address, that's all.

Suicide Jumper: Why?

Harry Callahan: Well like I said, it's such a mess down there afterwards. And it makes identification impossible, even if they do find your driver's license in all that blood and everything.

Suicide Jumper: I think... I think I'm gonna puke!

Harry Callahan: Aw, don't do that, son. I mean all those people down there looking up? The fire chief looking up, his face?

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3138 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig239dlehr:
quote:

So which movie are we quoting? Happy to produce obscure quotes from the first 4-

“Get the hell out of the way, hammerhead”

“May I make a suggestion?”

“I may have to move fast and I don’t need too much linguini to hold me back”

“He lost his balls. He got killed”

Big Grin

Nerd here too.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37078 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's right. If you'd bothered me any more, we'd all be stuck to the ceiling now.

Posts: 1440 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Do you feel lucky?

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Co-Pilot: Excuse me, Captain. This may seem silly, but - can you fly?

Callahan: Nope. Never even had a lesson.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11048 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post