SIGforum
I was wondering if you could help us? We seem to be lost. We were looking for the entrance to San Quentin. You know where that is?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/4200096294

June 13, 2022, 04:48 PM
83v45magna
I was wondering if you could help us? We seem to be lost. We were looking for the entrance to San Quentin. You know where that is?
It's back there, don't cha see too good?

- Yeah, I see fine. I just wanted to know if you knew where San Quentin was, and you do, don't ya? Asshole.
June 13, 2022, 05:29 PM
kkina
A man's got to know his limitations.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."
June 13, 2022, 05:50 PM
HRK
I’m just trying to find out if anybody in this room knows what the hell law is being broken, besides cruelty to animals!”
June 13, 2022, 11:19 PM
sig239dlehr
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
I’m just trying to find out if anybody in this room knows what the hell law is being broken, besides cruelty to animals!”

I may be wrong (I probably am!) but this quote is from the third movie (The Enforcer) in the series while the OP and first reply is from the second (Magnum Force).

This scenario and question Harry asks in the interview process is awesome! Of course Harry has many memorable quotes in all of these movies.
June 13, 2022, 11:44 PM
83v45magna
You're not wrong. But it is easy to have some of these run together in memory. I am just proud that anyone recognized such an arcane, off the wall quote from any of these early to mid seventies movies.
June 14, 2022, 12:08 AM
LastCubScout
"In broad daylight at close range? They must've looked like ripe melons. I'll never forget the Floyd Case. Got it with an axe during rush hour ... how about some cream pie?"
June 14, 2022, 01:24 AM
TheFrontRange
The Nerd-dom ran strong with me as a kid re: a lot of things, including “Dirty Harry” movies. When the original, “Magnum Force,” or “The Enforcer” aired, I sit by the TV with with a cassette recorder and spare tapes at the ready. Record the whole movie from start to finish. And listen to it all about a zillion times over.

All that to say, yes, I knew the opening line of this thread straight-away haha…

As I ponder it, I see that The Nerd indeed abides with me yet! Smile

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza
June 14, 2022, 08:59 AM
HRK
quote:
Originally posted by sig239dlehr:
quote:

I may be wrong (I probably am!) but this quote is from the third movie (The Enforcer) in the series while the OP and first reply is from the second (Magnum Force).

This scenario and question Harry asks in the interview process is awesome! Of course Harry has many memorable quotes in all of these movies.

No you are correct, it is from the Enforcer, shoulda fact checked it.....
June 14, 2022, 09:21 AM
CQB60
Hypothetical situation, huh? All right, I'm standing on the street corner, and Mrs. Grey there comes up and propositions me. She says if I come home with her, for $5 she'll put on an exhibition with a Shetland pony...

June 14, 2022, 09:47 AM
HRK
The Mayor: Callahan... I don't want any more trouble like you had last year in the Fillmore district. You understand? That's my policy.

Harry Callahan: Yeah, well, when an adult male is chasing a female with intent to commit rape, I shoot the bastard - that's my policy.

The Mayor: Intent? How'd you establish that?

Harry Callahan: When a naked man is chasing a woman through a dark alley with a butcher knife and a hard on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross.

The Mayor: I think he's got a point.
June 14, 2022, 12:32 PM
mojojojo
Tell you something. If the rest of you could shoot like them, I wouldn't care if the whole damn department was queer.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.
June 14, 2022, 01:06 PM
YooperSigs
Well, here's three salty looking dudes!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
June 14, 2022, 01:40 PM
HRK
I gotsta know!
June 14, 2022, 01:43 PM
hberttmank
Nothing wrong with shooting as long as the right people get shot

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock
June 14, 2022, 06:20 PM
ElToro
quote:
I gotsta know!

Albert Popwell. Great character actor. He was in the first 4 movies had been offered a role in Dead Pool but couldn’t make it fit his schedule.
June 14, 2022, 07:59 PM
motor59
Suicide Jumper: Don't you try to get me!

Harry Callahan: Not me, no. You're the one who wants to get yourself killed. Not me. That always happens with you men, you know? At the last minute, you wanna grab on to something or take somebody with you, but down you go. Not me, brother.

Suicide Jumper: Aren't you gonna try to grab me?

Harry Callahan: A friend of mine was up about 20 floors with a jumper a few years ago. The jumper grabbed him, they went off, 20 floors down. Just mashed 'em all to bits. You couldn't tell which legs were which, you couldn't tell which arms were which, it was a terrible mess. And I'll tell ya, I almost threw up myself. I'd just like your name and address, that's all.

Suicide Jumper: Why?

Harry Callahan: Well like I said, it's such a mess down there afterwards. And it makes identification impossible, even if they do find your driver's license in all that blood and everything.

Suicide Jumper: I think... I think I'm gonna puke!

Harry Callahan: Aw, don't do that, son. I mean all those people down there looking up? The fire chief looking up, his face?

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re
June 14, 2022, 09:40 PM
jljones
quote:
Originally posted by sig239dlehr:
quote:

So which movie are we quoting? Happy to produce obscure quotes from the first 4-

“Get the hell out of the way, hammerhead”

“May I make a suggestion?”

“I may have to move fast and I don’t need too much linguini to hold me back”

“He lost his balls. He got killed”

Big Grin

Nerd here too.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

June 15, 2022, 08:00 AM
scot818
Yeah, that's right. If you'd bothered me any more, we'd all be stuck to the ceiling now.
June 15, 2022, 08:15 AM
Flash-LB
Do you feel lucky?
June 15, 2022, 12:03 PM
erj_pilot
Co-Pilot: Excuse me, Captain. This may seem silly, but - can you fly?

Callahan: Nope. Never even had a lesson.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24