https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/4170002005

April 19, 2023, 07:45 PM
Black92LX
Sound of Freedom - Jim Caviezel
This looks like it could be good!
I am a big fan of Jim Caviezel.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Black92LX,

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!
April 19, 2023, 08:37 PM
CQB60
I like Caviesel’s work. Appears promising

April 20, 2023, 02:30 AM
TMats
Sometimes when I think of my granddaughters, I fear something like this happening to them. Unimaginable horror. God Bless Jim Caviezel and all others putting the spotlight on those who would do this to children.

Big Grin I was following the previous posts

April 20, 2023, 06:42 AM
Chris Orndorff
CavieZel.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

April 20, 2023, 08:14 AM
Black92LX
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Orndorff:
CavieZel.

Correct.
Either it was late or autocorrect got me twice.

————————————————
May 20, 2023, 02:08 PM
Black92LX
New trailer with July 4th Theatrical Release!! I know what I am doing that weekend.
Sure does look like it is going to be a winner

————————————————
May 20, 2023, 07:58 PM
chbibc
I also like his work and will watch this. I was a fan of Person of Interest.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.
May 20, 2023, 09:04 PM
redstone
I am looking forward to it as well.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson
May 21, 2023, 01:03 PM
AUTiger89
It does look good, and I will see it.

If anyone is interested in supporting a charity that works with law enforcement to fight human trafficking worldwide, check out Operation Underground Railroad. I support them but am not affiliated.

Phone's ringing, Dude.
May 22, 2023, 06:42 PM
AllenInAR
quote:
Originally posted by chbibc:
I also like his work and will watch this. I was a fan of Person of Interest.

Started watching this.....does he ALWAYS shoot them in the leg!?!?

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV
May 22, 2023, 07:15 PM
chbibc
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:

Started watching this.....does he ALWAYS shoot them in the leg!?!?

Ha! I had forgotten about that. You'll simply have to watch all the episodes to find out.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.
May 23, 2023, 02:59 PM
patw
Looks good. I wish we were not so tolerant in finding and punishing those who do this to children.
May 25, 2023, 12:14 AM
CoolRich59
Thanks. I will be going to see it.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant
July 02, 2023, 07:24 PM
P226RN
It’s almost showtime. Who is going to support this film this week?

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

July 02, 2023, 08:47 PM
Orguss

https://youtu.be/RMeC1Sn8324

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
July 03, 2023, 04:46 AM
KSGM
I really don't know how eager I am to see this movie. I like his films (The Count of Monte Cristo is an all-time favorite), and I have been keeping tabs on this one, since it was first mentioned here, but the subject matter of this one may be too heavy for me. He did an interview with Shawn Ryan, which will be posted today; I intend to check it out. The interview's preview struck me as a bit overly-dramatic; almost cheesy; I hope it was a result of Ryan's editing choices. Jim did bring up one point, in the preview, that I wholeheartedly agree with: we need to pray for the perpetrators of these crimes; not just the victims.
July 03, 2023, 10:11 PM
Sig2340
I scored a ticket to the opening performance.

And just returned from seeing it.

I went with trepidation due to the subject matter.

Turns out, it was well managed, and made a powerful impression on everyone present.

Mr. Caviezel’s performance was nuanced, yet portrayed the deep faith of those involved, Mr. Caveizel notwithstanding.

The actual ex-HSI agent helped capture 300+ pedophiles and save a few hundred children.

The best part of the movie was the Special Announcement after the film ended and the credits began to run. I’ll leave it up to you to see it.

The studio, ANGEL Pictures is running a pay-it-forward where if you like the movie, you can buy a friend, acquaintance, or lover tickets.

In response I have two tickets for any one person who speaks up and who lives close to a theatre.

Just announce here you’ll go, and email me the details where you live and I’ll buy two tickets.

ETA: my eddress is in my profile.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sig2340,

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018
July 06, 2023, 05:19 AM
DanH
How's this for hilarious: Sound of Freedom overtook Indiana Jones for the #1 movie in America on July 4th.

This was also a movie that Fox agreed to distribute, but Disney bitched out. This movie will most likely be profitable after this weekend with a $14.5 million budget while Indy costs $300 million before marketing.

Disney will be Disney.
July 08, 2023, 07:35 AM
Rucker
Went to see it last night. Well executed movie with tight direction and excellent acting. I was surprised that it sat in film cans for five years looking for a distributor (and finally found one via crowd-funding through Angel studios).

Theatre was pretty full, too - supporting the idea that this film is much more popular than the new Indy movie.

I would recommend it.
July 08, 2023, 08:26 AM
Black92LX
quote:
Originally posted by Rucker:
Went to see it last night. Well executed movie with tight direction and excellent acting. I was surprised that it sat in film cans for five years looking for a distributor (and finally found one via crowd-funding through Angel studios).

Theatre was pretty full, too - supporting the idea that this film is much more popular than the new Indy movie.

I would recommend it.

Pretty sure Jim Caviezel is pretty much blacklisted from Hollywood.
The director/producer whoever is important (don’t know media hierarchy) said Jim plays the part and no one else which was part of the reason.

————————————————