SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    "Masters of the Air" to premiere Jan 26, 2024
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Masters of the Air" to premiere Jan 26, 2024 Login/Join 
posted
Article with some stills but no trailer.

https://www.airforcetimes.com/...-gets-premiere-date/

Here's the cast, not much else.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2640044/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Watched Band of Brothers right when it hit Netflix
Have 2 episodes left on The Pacific

Hoping this doesn't remain an AppleTV exclusive for too long

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15327 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Of course we had a year of AppleTV complimentary with new T-Mobile service. That year ended before this summer.

I gotta see this.

Posts: 7257 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Good. I've been eagerly awaiting this. Band of Brothers is my favorite film/show of all time. The Pacific is excellent too, though not quite up to the level of BoB.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Good. I've been eagerly awaiting this. Band of Brothers is my favorite film/show of all time. The Pacific is excellent too, though not quite up to the level of BoB.

Same. Super excited about this one.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
It's about time. Really looking forward to this as well.

Posts: 1922 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
A long wait. Hope it’s as good as the others.

Posts: 9514 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Vino Veritas
Picture of Jaycat
posted Hide Post
I am stoked for this. I have loved B17s since my Dad let me play on one that was a a converted fire tanker. I shot down alot of Krauss!

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun!!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Clarksville TN | Registered: November 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Trailer released today.

Posts: 11166 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Looks good, but I'll have to wait for it to be on something other than AppleTV Razz

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15327 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Behind the scenes of ‘Masters of the Air’

The new show's writer is sharing glimpses of the research and work it took to bring the World War II series to life.

BY NICHOLAS SLAYTON
PUBLISHED NOV 25, 2023 1:44 PM EST

After a long wait, audiences are finally getting a new World War II series from the team behind Band of Brothers and The Pacific. It’s been years in the works, but Masters of the Air is set to premiere late January 2024. So far though footage and glimpses of the series have been limited to just one teaser trailer from Apple TV+.

But until the show premieres in two months, there are some tantalizing looks behind the scenes already out. Screenwriter John Orloff, who’s credited with all nine episodes of the miniseries, has been sharing some of his favorite shots from the trailer and offering snippets of information about how the show was filmed...

Complete article:

https://taskandpurpose.com/cul...d-the-scenes-orloff/

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Band of Brothers and The Pacific were both fantastic. Since the same creative team is behind "Masters of the Air" it should be great. Looking forward to it.

Posts: 1053 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
This is great news. Previous WWII series were outstanding, this should be as well.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12110 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Wow, looks as impressive as Band of Brothers did years ago. Dad loved that series, he would have flipped over this one.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This article has a trailer with many new scenes:

https://www.empireonline.com/t...al-battles-apple-tv/

Trailer only:

https://youtu.be/lA-1JCRguZ0

Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
AppleTV has a few shows that advertise the first episode can be viewed free. I'll be damned if they want a CC# to 'register' to see a free episode.

I wonder if there is a way around it.

Posts: 7257 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They just released the opening credits.

2:33 video only:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98Ys1aI9a_Y

Article with the video:

https://taskandpurpose.com/cul...-of-the-air-credits/

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
AppleTV has a few shows that advertise the first episode can be viewed free. I'll be damned if they want a CC# to 'register' to see a free episode.

I wonder if there is a way around it.

I sign up for their service every 2 years for one month. I watch all the proprietary stuff I’m interested in that they have. Suckle it all up for a month and then cancel it.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12638 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I did not know that Elvis was also a fighter pilot. Pretty cool Wink

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
had an unused "free 3 months" of Apple TV from the last apple device we bought. So I'm set up and ready for some binge watching Smile

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post