SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Outer Range on Prime
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Outer Range on Prime Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted
Anyone else watching this? I watched the first two episodes last night and am intrigued. Not at all what I expected and a few interesting twists already.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38580 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have watched 4 episodes so far, I will stay to the end. Some weird stuff going on there, and I like Josh Brolin in just about everything.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
I'm all in! It's like the Coen Brothers meet David Lynch. I can't wait for the next episode(s).

Posts: 3487 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Yeah I am in. I love Josh Brolin and this show is unusual. Curious to see where they take us?

Posts: 7720 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
Starts off good and gets dumber/weirder, typical Hollyweird agenda pushing...again.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3623 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Liking it very much. Seems like Bonanza crossed with Twin Peaks and/or the Twilight Zone.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I was all excited when I first started watching, Looked like Josh would be headed to the house to grab a Winchester because the Aliens were coming over the mountains, after that I was left scratching my head to try and figure out what exactly was going on.
I will continue to watch hoping it all works out and the plot clarifies itself in the end.
My gut feeling is that it won't.

Posts: 4604 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Finished the four available episodes and continue to enjoy it. I think I'm more tolerant than most and take shows and movies with a grain of salt and look for overall entertainment. It's a mystery and I remain intrigued.

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38580 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
The 4 episodes have been interesting so far.

Posts: 5690 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I like it so far, after the first four episodes.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
This has been going downhill from early on. I keep watching hoping it will get better.

Characters are crap. Story is crap. Theme is crap. I'm not sure there is anything I like about the series at this point. I'm torn between just stopping and keep watching for some sort of closure.

Autumn's identity is an interesting twist but with weird conflicting implications. It was somewhat predictable to an extent, just not specifics.
Seems like she should get along w/ people better though.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: konata88,

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12678 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I'm caught up on the available episodes but decided to pull the plug on any upcoming episodes.
The music SUCKS!
The show seems to be trying very hard to be something, but what ever that something is its not succeeding.

Posts: 4604 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I watched the first episode. It didn't grab me. Too many other, better shows on my schedule right now.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15175 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I finished this series and I liked it. Very strange what was going on but still I was entertained. Like most shows it could have been better with female nudity and graphic violence.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
I didn't see this post and I posted a reply on 'What are you watching?'

Having said what I said, I stuck around for all 8 episodes. Can't see much future of it getting renewed though.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Like most shows it could have been better with female nudity and graphic violence.

Big Grin

I finished what I guess was season 1. We'll see if it comes back. Some questions wrapped up, but still more if they continue.

I enjoyed the mystery and I'll keep watching if there is a season 2.

I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hberttmank:
I finished this series and I liked it. Very strange what was going on but still I was entertained. Like most shows it could have been better with female nudity and graphic violence.

And don't forget gratuitous profanity.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Autumn tongueing Billy was enough gratuity for me. Smile

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I just found this show and am 4 episodes in. I like it. My only complaint is that the cinematography is so dark you have to watch it in a completely dark room. Its on Amazon Prime now and I've read it has been renewed for a second season. I'll watch it but I really wish the British model were more abundant. Come up with a story beginning to end and present that.

Posts: 7498 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Didn’t care for it. Not sure how long we watched, probably a couple episodes anyway.

Posts: 13157 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post