SIGforum
Detectorists on PBS

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/3440050724

July 09, 2017, 07:58 PM
FN in MT
Detectorists on PBS
Anyone else find "Detectorists" on PBS entertaining?
July 09, 2017, 09:59 PM
Chach
There was a thread here a few months back that turned me on to it. It was an "interesting" show, in a good way. It was kinda slow and semi-boring at times but even then still feel impelled to watch. Over all I liked it, but you definitely need to understand and like British humour to appreciate the show.

BTW it's available on Netflix and Amazon for streaming if you don't want to wait week by week

July 10, 2017, 08:57 AM
Skull Leader
I like Aimee-Ffion Edwards.
July 10, 2017, 11:49 AM
cyberphobia
The Holy Grail of metal detecting IS the Holy Grail!!!Brilliant stuff.

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

July 10, 2017, 05:02 PM
FN in MT
"Metal Detectors"?

"Detectorists"!

Did enjoy the episode at the end of Season two , when Lance found the gold....VERY well done.
July 12, 2017, 10:43 AM
AUTiger89
I loved it. I hope they do another season.

Phone's ringing, Dude.
July 12, 2017, 11:00 AM
FN in MT
Season three IS on the way.

Apparently it's popular on the BBC in Great Britain, and has a following. Mackenzie Crook, who plays Lance, has received a few awards for the Show and his writing as well.
July 12, 2017, 12:42 PM
Blackmore
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
I like Aimee-Ffion Edwards.

Quirky looks, but great in the role.

Truth: The New Hate Speech
July 27, 2017, 07:11 PM
cyberphobia
The BEEB made a Christmas Special, a one off episode, I saw it on the BBC cos I can get the BBC live with my IP address hider.Look for it.

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

July 29, 2017, 08:08 PM
AUTiger89
Rachael Stirling is Diana Rigg's daughter, and is quite lovely.

Phone's ringing, Dude.
May 08, 2021, 12:20 PM
Skull Leader
Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere else, but season 3 is on Amazon Prime.
May 08, 2021, 09:03 PM
f2
hoopla has three seasons if you have a library card

- - -

Hi.

Hello.

I saw you in the field earlier. Sorry to interrupt, but are you metal detectors?

No my dear. This, is a metal detector. We are metal detectorists.

May 10, 2021, 06:22 AM
maxwayne
I find it odd and interesting.
May 10, 2021, 06:47 PM
stkfox
Tks for the heads up on Hoopla. Just watched season 3 ep. 1. Had been looking for a way to watch this series for awhile. Amazon Prime has it but have to join Acorn (trial) for it.

May 11, 2021, 11:25 AM
pulicords
My wife and I both enjoyed the series. Great actors giving a very interesting spin on both the subject matter (searching for history with metal detectors) and those engaged in the hobby.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."
May 11, 2021, 10:29 PM
Legal Beagle
It's a dry witty humor and I like the show a little bit. Worth Acorn for it, or at least I think so.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.
May 12, 2021, 04:54 PM
cyberphobia
Brilliant dry humor The holy Grail speech is wicked!!!

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG