SIGforum
The New Quantum Leap

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/3360049494

September 20, 2022, 04:28 PM
Mars_Attacks
The New Quantum Leap
Well, they got their token tranny, just like Big Sky.

Now I am a MegaMAGA terririst.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.
September 20, 2022, 06:11 PM
Blackmore
Let's just start with Dean Stockwell's cigar as a reason the original would never air today

Truth: The New Hate Speech
September 21, 2022, 07:54 AM
cas
I would just start with a blanket statement that you shouldn't remake TV shows.

But you really shouldn't remake TV shows that you can still watch the original in syndication any day of the week.
September 21, 2022, 08:55 AM
ChuckFinley
Hard pass.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis
September 21, 2022, 06:52 PM
PASig
The way I understand it, this is not a remake or a reboot, it’s a continuation of the original series just 30 years later.

There is even speculation that Sam, who has been lost in time, will turn up at some point in this new series.

September 21, 2022, 08:35 PM
iron chef
Having an Asian male as the series lead protagonist is the kiss of death in Hollywood. This show will last about as long as Cowboy Bebop or Selfie did.
September 21, 2022, 09:03 PM
egregore
I never watched the first one.