SIGforum
Netflix- The Frankenstein Chronicles

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/3210091834

February 23, 2018, 08:06 PM
MRBTX
Netflix- The Frankenstein Chronicles
A dark, whodunit detective, Dark Shadows/body snatcher series set in 1820s London. Stars Sean Bean-(aka Ned Stark). Enjoying that one now.
February 23, 2018, 10:43 PM
Tommydogg
Watched 2 episodes last night, seems pretty good, accents are hard to follow at times.

Beth Greene
February 23, 2018, 11:33 PM
LS1 GTO
How does Sean Bean die?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

February 24, 2018, 03:34 AM
Storm
I watched it over the past couple nights. Good series. I enjoyed it.

Loyalty Above All Else, Except Honor

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
February 24, 2018, 09:40 AM
IndyRob
Kinda reminds me of Penny Dreadful
February 24, 2018, 09:50 AM
NavyGuy
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
Watched 2 episodes last night, seems pretty good, accents are hard to follow at times.

Subtitles help a lot. Caught an episode last night and thought it was pretty decent.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence
February 24, 2018, 10:32 AM
RAEIndustries
is this worth finishing ? , im on episode 3 and im not hooked yet

Shawn Rife

www.raeind.com
February 24, 2018, 11:20 AM
jsbcody
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
How does Sean Bean die?

Only on episode 3, so far he is still alive. I loved the "Sharpe's Rifles" references.
February 24, 2018, 05:14 PM
pulicords
I binge watched it this week (down with the flu). I thought it was very watchable! Kinda "Copper" meets "Frankenstein's Monster" with a ghost story angle to it. The attention to detail of what early 1800s culture and policing was like is both depressing and impressive. I liked the scene where the officers (constables?) were being issued their rattles (to summon assistance) before going out on a raid. Looking forward to Season 3!!!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."
February 24, 2018, 11:02 PM
chongosuerte
Just started this...interesting thus far.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones
February 25, 2018, 09:17 AM
BMR
What, Sean Bean never dies in movies or television!

We just finished Season 1. Great series and it really looks like you'd imagine 1820's London to be. And what a surprising ending to the season!

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz
February 28, 2018, 07:30 PM
scot818
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
How does Sean Bean die?

Haven’t seen all of it yet so I don’t knot know if it kills him - but he does have syphilis.