SIGforum
Who Do You Most Regret NOT Seeing Live

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/3200035994

March 20, 2023, 12:02 PM
TMats
Who Do You Most Regret NOT Seeing Live
I made a point of specifying a “band” in the earlier post about the best you’ve seen. This time, band or individual artist, with or without a backup band.

There are so many I could respond with. I certainly regret not making an effort to see the Blues greats who were still touring when I was younger: the 3 Kings, and Muddy. Did see John Lee. Lots of others…but

Cutting to the chase, Stevie Ray Vaughan. Never saw him, wish I had

March 20, 2023, 12:03 PM
ensigmatic
Fleetwood Mac
The Moody Blues

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
March 20, 2023, 12:10 PM
BigSwede
No regerts

I have only been to a handful of concerts, I'd rather just listen to their albums at my convenience

March 20, 2023, 12:19 PM
6guns
Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>
March 20, 2023, 12:39 PM
Ronin101
Van Halen
March 20, 2023, 12:46 PM
archerman
Pantera
Black Sabbath
Stevie Ray Vaughn

Archerman
March 20, 2023, 01:09 PM
9x18
Jimi Hendricks

The Beatles

The Rolling Stones

Frank Sinatra
March 20, 2023, 01:13 PM
Mark in Michigan
The Eagles, before Glen Frye passed.

They had booked a Tuesday evening (I think) performance in Detroit a few years ago. And I was just too lazy to get tickets for a week night show.

Best regards,
Mark in Michigan
March 20, 2023, 02:04 PM
ugeesta
B.B. King
Elton John (the old hyped up on cocaine version)
Ronnie James Dio
I'm sure there are more...

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.
March 20, 2023, 02:06 PM
YellowJacket
Prince. His last show played was in Atlanta and my buddy had an extra ticket. It was $250 or so and I didn't want to pay that to see him solo. Then he was gone.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.
March 20, 2023, 03:00 PM
smschulz
Beatles, Stevie Ray Vaughan, The Who (actually had great tickets but couldn't go - another story).
PLENTY of others - but only it would have to be back in the day - not today even if still around.
March 20, 2023, 03:01 PM
copaup
John Lee Hooker. I had tickets to see him twice. I had to give them away once because I was ill and the second time he cancelled the show because he was very ill. He was never able to reschedule.
March 20, 2023, 03:39 PM
oddball
When you say "regret not seeing", I'm assuming you mean concerts that were right under our noses, but we somehow did not see 'em. Obviously I would have loved to have seen The Beatles, but I was way too young.

My regrets:

Led Zeppelin 1977 North American tour. My classmates saw them, I didn't have the money.

Rolling Stones 1978 American tour. Same reason above.

Frank Sinatra, Reno Nevada, late 1980s.

The Police, Madamn Wongs Los Angeles. Was going to see them on their first American tour, in a tiny Chinatown club, but had to work that night.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965
March 20, 2023, 04:12 PM
Pale Horse
Stone Temple Pilots.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014
March 20, 2023, 04:27 PM
ZSMICHAEL
Janis Joplin. Ravinia in Highland Park, Illinois. 1970 one of her last concerts before she died.
March 20, 2023, 05:16 PM
sandman76
I would have liked to see Stevie Ray Vaughan. Missed my chance a couple of times. Kind of regret that.

March 20, 2023, 05:55 PM
NavyGuy
Rolling Stones.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence
March 20, 2023, 06:26 PM
mark123
Randy Rhoads. I did get to see Ozzy with Jake and Zakk. Jake was awesome, Zakk was “meh”.
March 20, 2023, 07:42 PM
hberttmank
Jimi Hendrix
Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock
March 20, 2023, 07:49 PM
Paddy314
Merle Haggard. Had a chance and just couldn’t make it work. Merle wrote the soundtrack to my life. Wish I could have seen him live.