SIGforum
Carroll O'Connor sings ending theme of All in the Family

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/2890079624

July 08, 2017, 09:28 AM
mekaus
Carroll O'Connor sings ending theme of All in the Family
I was reading about the show All in the Family yesterday and discovered that the the closing theme from the show also has lyrics written by Carrol O'Connor. Remembering You.

I found this video today and figured I would share.

July 08, 2017, 01:11 PM
techguy
Thanks for sharing I enjoyed that. I'm a Carroll O'Connor fan.
July 08, 2017, 03:50 PM
Ronin1069
Whenever there is an O'Connor thread, I feel it necessary to post this. Even without words, the man could really act.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
July 08, 2017, 10:37 PM
mcrimm
He was absolutely perfect in this groundbreaking show.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham
July 09, 2017, 02:47 AM
2010Challenger
A friend of mine and I were watching one of the first episodes and it totally freaked us out when we realized we are 15 years older than he was at the time he shot it. He was 45 years old. I'm about to turn 61, and my friend will soon be 60. Scary. I don't remember the actor, but we saw him in an old Gunsmoke episode shot soon before he died of a heart attack. He looked terrible, way way older than the 51 years old he was when he died.
July 09, 2017, 02:49 PM
ZSMICHAEL
Carroll O'Connor lived to be 76. The irony of these suicide pantomimes is that his own son, Hugh would kill himself years later. It was the heartbreak of his life when that happened.
July 10, 2017, 07:19 AM
Ronin1069
Hugh played a deputy with his dad in The Heat of the Night. (Lonnie)

It's a pretty good show, and does not take long for you to forget that O'Conner was Archie Bunker.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
July 10, 2017, 04:10 PM
f2
Don't you know that the whole world puts on a sock and a sock and a shoe and a shoe?
July 11, 2017, 01:52 PM
joel9507
Archie Bunker's chair is exhibited at the Smithsonian, in the National Museum of American History.

July 12, 2017, 10:22 AM
rainman64
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Whenever there is an O'Connor thread, I feel it necessary to post this. Even without words, the man could really act.

I truly needed this LOL.

Thank you

July 12, 2017, 02:22 PM
crash
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
Don't you know that the whole world puts on a sock and a sock and a shoe and a shoe?

But my way I can hop around on one foot and keep both feet dry.

"If the wind is not against you, it is not blowing."