SIGforum
Dean Koontz - Your Favorite?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/2850008624

July 04, 2017, 11:14 PM
Fenris
Dean Koontz - Your Favorite?
The Bad Place by Dean Koontz is one of my favorite books.

If you are a Dean Koontz fan, do you have a favorite?

I'm looking for my next read.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.
July 04, 2017, 11:36 PM
RobC2
It's been a while, but I remember Cold Fire and Lightning being good.
July 05, 2017, 12:02 AM
henryarnaud
It's been several years since I've read his books, but at one point I was a big fan. I've probably read at least a dozen of his novels, and even got him to sign a copy of Intensity at a book signing.

A few I remember liking was Hideaway, Cold Fire, and Fear Nothing. There was another one I really liked, but I can't remember the name, and I don't think I can describe it without spoilers. I'll have to see if I can figure out which one it was.

I haven't read the book, but I enjoyed the movie Odd Thomas on Netflix.

FWIW, I gave up on his books when I realized they all told the same basic story.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes
July 05, 2017, 12:32 AM
f2
Odd Thomas.
July 05, 2017, 08:56 AM
Jim Shugart
Watchers was one of his first and is still my favorite. If you're a dog lover then it's a must read.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw
July 05, 2017, 09:03 AM
Mike S
Fear Nothing and Seize the Night are two of my favorites. There was supposed to be a third book in this series, but I don't think it was ever written. Or if it was, I missed it.
July 05, 2017, 10:16 AM
Chance
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Watchers was one of his first and is still my favorite. If you're a dog lover then it's a must read.

This is my vote as well. Just love that book - though it is a bit dated now.

That would also be my vote for worst movie adapted from a book. The protagonist goes from being a Vietnam vet - to being a kid played by Cory Haim.
July 05, 2017, 10:33 AM
rainman64
Lightning was my favorite.

Odd Thomas series keeps me reading him.

July 05, 2017, 10:42 AM
hberttmank
For just one book Intensity
For a series the Frankenstein books.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock
July 05, 2017, 07:33 PM
SpinZone
Phantoms
Twilight Eyes
Watchers

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

July 05, 2017, 08:22 PM
46and2
Lightning.
July 05, 2017, 10:55 PM
Loswsmith
Phantoms. Fantastic book.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi
July 06, 2017, 08:30 AM
Mike4011
Phantoms
The Frankenstein series
and Twilight Eyes

I would rather regret the things that I have done than regret the things I have not done.
July 06, 2017, 04:18 PM
mcrimm
I enjoyed the first few Odd Thomas books, Watchers and Lightning. I also thought The Good Guy was a good read.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham
July 06, 2017, 05:03 PM
Ryanp225
Strangers was an amazing book.
I'm a big Koontz fan.
July 08, 2017, 05:52 AM
4MUL8R
Watchers.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...
July 08, 2017, 08:42 AM
Oat_Action_Man
Phantoms for being actually scary when I read it way back when.

Lightning and Watchers as second mention.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.
July 08, 2017, 08:57 AM
Ryanp225
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
Watchers.

One of my favorites.
July 08, 2017, 09:32 AM
Mikito
I also liked lightning a lot. One I have not seen mentioned that was good is The Bad Place.

Dark Rivers Of The Heart was good but pretty messed up.
July 08, 2017, 09:52 AM
Monk
Phantoms
Watchers
Midnight

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."