SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Classic songs from the 60's and 70's
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Classic songs from the 60's and 70's Login/Join 
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3580 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I went thru all 12pg and didn't see this. I heard i just the other day from 1972

Seals and Croft "Summer Breeze"

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
I went thru all 12pg and didn't see this. I heard i just the other day from 1972

Seals and Croft "Summer Breeze"

Does he say, “Blowing through the jasmine of my mind?”
Da hell is that?!? Big Grin

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
A quick back story. My MA school used to get hired out to work back stage security for concerts now and then. One such gig was working Aero Smith/Elvin Bishop concert in the mid 70's. I met Elvin Bishop and he was working out some guitar runs with his Les Paul and asked my opinion on the particular riffs, what a real down to earth guy and very intelligent. He played this song that night and I'll not forget it...what great days! A nice lead run at 2:27

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great thread!
A few I remember fondly..
One of my favorite instrumentals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucTg6rZJCu4

A little Queen, didn’t see this one posted.
Remember this one with very fond memories from the 70’s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoxH9dHcsbE

Didn’t see this one posted, one of my favorite Doors songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axePr_RLS0o

Wish I could embed the videos, not savvy enough, sigh.

Posts: 10 | Location: People’s Republic of New Jersey | Registered: May 08, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
There’s a story and it involves a sure-enough outlaw biker from California that I worked with when I was turning wrenches in my early 20s.

Dirty for dirty

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Redeye, hopefully this can help. It was kinda long and hopefully it's clear for a spur of the minute job...
hit share

hit embed

hit copy

mouse right click click on blue area for copy

click the flash film-like reel

with cursor between the flash tags mouse right click paste

and after the embedded code is there just click post now

A quick "ugly" explanation on how to post Youtube videos. Others I'm sure with more time could do a better job but I tried!

Regards, Will G.

california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Here's an odd ball that I heard on TV last night from the mid 70's that I'm pretty sure most boomers have heard at one time or another. From the Hollies..I remember singing that chorus line out loud with several friends at a late night party, those "good ole times" will always be remembered Smile

Regards, Will G.

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
f2, the Blind Faith album was absolutely one of my all-time favorites..always!

Regards, Will G.

california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post

california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Another from 1969. I see that HRK already posted These Eyes, so I'll toss in No Time..

Regards, Will G.

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
How about the Four Tops from 1967! (I'll Be There)

Regards, Will G.

Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
I stumbled across this playlist on Amazon Music: [RE]DUX 034 Carole King. 100 songs, many written by Carole King. I had no idea she wrote so many of the hit songs from the '60s & '70s and beyond. Hit songs written by Carole King

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post