SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Red Notice on Netflix
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Red Notice on Netflix Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
Not worth my time.
Reynolds plays Reynolds but nowhere near as fanny as in Free Guy (another you can live without it movie)
Gal Gadot and Dwayne are there. They both look tired and not even trying.

Pointlessly over the top most of the time.

Wish I hadn’t.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12089 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the review and the heads up...

I was going to watch it the last two nights but I got side tracked by Shaft with Samuel L Jackson on Friday and then Silverado last night...

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
We turned it off half way through. Didn't hold our interest.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
Pointlessly over the top most of the time.

What he said. Silly comedic shit, but they billed it as such so I pretty much knew what I was getting into. Reynolds was really annoying, is he always like that? I don't usually watch stuff like that (i.e., silly comedic shit) but I was in a weird mood or something I guess. Not a complete waste of time but I won't bother watching it again.

Posts: 7242 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I felt like I knew what to expect going in, and ultimately enjoyed the silly escapist spectacle that is was. Realism isn't something I really expected from Wonder Woman, Deadpool, and a famous Wrestler.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I watched it last night and rather enjoyed it. I guess I'm one of the few who like Reynolds' comedic schtick as I got a few good chuckles out of it. Whoever casted Johnson should be fired though. The guy just can't act and is not funny.

Kind of a silly modern-day Raiders of The Lost Ark.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
It was aww-ight. Can’t disagree with Gus, Dwayne Johnson wasn’t believable in that role, but it was decent Saturday pizza night entertainment.

Posts: 13157 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Added to the list.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25994 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Nice to see my assessment based on a few moments of trailer validated.

Watched the trailer, said "Well, this is gonna suck." and moved on.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15175 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I’m not sure what anyone would expect from a movie starring these two. I agree Ryan Reynolds gets old sometimes, and this movie was nothing new. I doubt they intended it to be anything more than mindless entertainment.

It was good enough for a free movie. I don’t regret watching it but I’ll likely never watch it again.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
I’m not sure what anyone would expect from a movie starring these two. I agree Ryan Reynolds gets old sometimes, and this movie was nothing new. I doubt they intended it to be anything more than mindless entertainment.

Well, if the trailer is any indication (and apparently, it is...) they nailed the "mindless" part.

"Entertainment" not so much.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15175 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Dumb fun.

Posts: 11505 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:

Well, if the trailer is any indication (and apparently, it is...) they nailed the "mindless" part.

"Entertainment" not so much.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
It was fun, I enjoy watching Reynolds.

And Gal Gadot lights up the world whenever she smiles. Big Grin

Coulda done without the Indiana Jones bit, that was just stupid (or stupider, if you prefer).

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16173 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Gal and Dwayne a couple? Not in any universe. Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16139 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like a money grab by the studios and actors.

Get three beautiful, stick them into an over-the-top action movie, around international locations and presto! Everyone makes money

Posts: 14551 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I haven't liked the Rock since I smelled what he was cooking, a big whiney poser, the wife is a fan though. Gal and the other dude made it watchable, mindless, over the top entertainment

Posts: 5291 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Dwayne is too stiff and Gadot and Reynolds’s were hamming it up. The look on Reynolds’s face when the truth was revealed was worth what I paid to see it.

Posts: 5690 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About what I expected from the cast. Comedy/action not a serious action movie. Gal Gadot made it watchable.

Posts: 1359 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
We had super-low expectations but decided to give it a try. It was entertaining enough that we watched the whole thing.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post