SIGforum
golan and globus movies

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/2310085134

October 10, 2017, 01:20 PM
bendable
golan and globus movies
anyone a closet fan?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
October 10, 2017, 01:29 PM
LastCubScout
Nope, not a closet fan. Been a proud, out of the closet fan since the '80s. They were a massive part of my high school entertainment experience.
October 10, 2017, 02:52 PM
Snake207
^^^
+1

October 10, 2017, 04:31 PM
Expert308
Chuck Norris and Charles Bronson, how can you go wrong? Big Grin
October 10, 2017, 05:39 PM
cas
You don't mean the original Israeli ones do you?

October 10, 2017, 11:47 PM
83v45magna
Time to die, Iron Eagle... Big Grin
October 11, 2017, 12:03 AM
cslinger
Iron Eagle was TriStar.........

But now I have One Vision stuck in my head and can't help but chuckling at ......
"Well you can deal with me....Doug Masters!!!"

FRIED CHICKEN!!! forever. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."
October 11, 2017, 12:11 AM
mr kablammo
The only two that I saw that stand out as Go Go Boys movies are God's Gun, and Kid Vengeance. Researching the filmography of their company Cannon, I have seen other films as well but I would not be a fan of their profferings. Lee Van Cleef, the King of the Spaghetti Westerns.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.
October 11, 2017, 12:38 AM
wildheartedson0105
I loved Invasion USA and Delta Force. Wore out those VHS tapes.

Don't back up, don't back down.
October 11, 2017, 01:19 AM
iron chef
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
Chuck Norris and Charles Bronson, how can you go wrong? Big Grin

And ninja movies!!! Big Grin
October 11, 2017, 02:08 AM
Prefontaine
quote:
Originally posted by wildheartedson0105:
I loved Invasion USA and Delta Force. Wore out those VHS tapes.

Invasion USA was awesome.

Ninja movies, so many them two made....

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone
October 11, 2017, 06:02 AM
Cliff
Was always a big fan. Death Wish series, Delta Force, Invasion U.S.A., Ninja series, Missing In Action, Breakin', Hercules, etc. I have a lot on VHS buried somewhere.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

October 11, 2017, 07:03 AM
hberttmank
Yep, I am a big fan. My son grew up on these awesome movies on VHS in the 80's and I was renting or buying them all the time. It was good stuff. Big Grin

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock
October 11, 2017, 07:23 PM
Bigboreshooter
quote:
Death Wish series, Delta Force, Invasion U.S.A., Ninja series, Missing In Action,

Great flicks, even the really bad ones. Wink

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

October 11, 2017, 07:35 PM
Scuba Steve Sig
Loved them, Invasion U.S.A., the Missing in Action series and Delta Force were my favorites. I have the Delta Force theme song on my USB drive in my car.

Yes, Iron Eagle, while not Golan and Globus was also another favorite. Good complementary to Top Gun. "There ours dad! They're AMERICANS!" Amazing what an 18 year old can do with a F-16 with infinite fuel and munitions!
October 12, 2017, 08:33 AM
83v45magna
I guess because of the obvious aircraft, airbase, geography in the flight backgrounds, and the general cheesiness, I always just assumed GG was behind it.

Attack them! Through the flames!
Big Grin yeah, right. You first.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11
October 12, 2017, 09:00 PM
Scuba Steve Sig
This triggered me to watch my BluRay copy of Invasion USA, further research indicates we are forgetting the Sylvester Stalone masterpiece "Over the Top."
October 13, 2017, 11:59 PM
eTripper
One of my personal Cannon film favorites was: Death Wish 4: The Crackdown.

"You may have heard of me, Mr. Kersey. My name is 'Nathan White'."

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch