SIGforum
For decades I carried CC debt...

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/2200068584

October 13, 2021, 12:06 PM
rainman64
For decades I carried CC debt...
Today, I paid off the last card.

The only debt I have is my mortgage which I can now pay extra to the principle.

Freedom is delicious!

7 years til I pull the plug on working for the "man".

Being single ain't so bad...Cheers to you that have supported me through the rough road, now behind me.
Goals I set, are now falling like dominoes.

October 13, 2021, 12:30 PM
P250UA5
Congrats.
We're working on digging out of that hole.

The Enemy's gate is down.
October 13, 2021, 01:37 PM
jhe888
Cheers!

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
October 13, 2021, 01:40 PM
KDR
Congratulations!

October 13, 2021, 01:55 PM
RogueJSK
Outstanding. Glad you're on the right path.

As someone else who was recently divorced, I can attest that having 100% control of the financial decisions is a breath of fresh air, and has really allowed me to tighten things up to where I wanted them to be.

And like you, I'm also 100% debt free, besides a mortgage that will be paid off in 13 years, just in time for me to retire. Life is good.
October 13, 2021, 02:28 PM
Flash-LB
And you guys will find that paying off the mortgage, which seems like something that would be cause for maximum partying, actually seems anticlimactic when it happens.

I remember going onto my patio with Mrs. Flash, opening the envelope containing the paid off papers for the house and the other legal stuff, reading it, and thinking "is this all there is?"

But it is a great feeling and the best part is that you're now free.
October 13, 2021, 03:09 PM
hberttmank
Glad you are doing ok.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock
October 13, 2021, 04:37 PM
konata88
Congrats!!!

I remember when that finally happened for me. I’ve avoided carrying CC debt ever since - nothing goes on the card unless I have cash on hand. I never want that feeling of CC debt again. Not even car purchase. The only debt I’m willing to carry is my mortgage. It is freedom if one has ever lived just working to pay debts.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book
October 13, 2021, 06:08 PM
Sailor1911
Slàinte Mhaith

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016
October 13, 2021, 06:09 PM
Aeteocles
Congrats!

It's a great feeling.
October 13, 2021, 08:22 PM
erj_pilot
Congratulations!!!

Isn't it a GREAT feeling??? Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24
October 13, 2021, 10:00 PM
TomV
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Isn't it a GREAT feeling??? Big Grin

Oh and you sleep so well at night !
October 14, 2021, 08:27 PM
SIG4EVA
Well done! Now build up that emergency fund and take a big sigh of relief.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"
October 14, 2021, 09:17 PM
Redhookbklyn
Congratulations and well done.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein