This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/1840019054

December 15, 2018, 06:13 PM
cne32507
The Night Manager on Amazon
I read the John Le Carre book, and this miniseries is done well. Smile
December 15, 2018, 07:04 PM
jsbcody
I really liked it and thought it was Tom Hiddleston's audition tape to be considered for James Bond.
December 15, 2018, 10:56 PM
2PAK
It’s excellent..
December 16, 2018, 12:29 PM
P250UA5
+1 for the really enjoyed it group.

Laurie makes a great villian.

The Enemy's gate is down.
December 16, 2018, 01:34 PM
Fusternc
I really enjoyed it as well. I had never heard of Carre until maybe 1.5yr ago but have since been reading his work and watching a couple of his series.
December 16, 2018, 02:08 PM
RogueJSK
Agreed. One of the best miniseries I've seen in years.
December 16, 2018, 03:46 PM
Rey HRH
I saw the series. I thought it was good.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.
December 16, 2018, 06:48 PM
jjkroll32
We also enjoyed it very much

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight
December 16, 2018, 10:06 PM
Green Highlander
Really enjoyed it. Check out the adaptation of The Little Drummer Girl that just ran on AMC.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")
December 19, 2018, 09:19 PM
cherokee2u
Really good. Hate it ended. Prayin for additional seasons

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves
December 20, 2018, 05:10 PM
wxl
Enjoyed the series
March 21, 2021, 10:56 AM
Batty67
Necro thread arise! My wife and I are really enjoying this series. Very well produced and acted.
March 21, 2021, 11:33 AM
P250UA5
Makes me want to give it a rewatch. I think I've seen it twice through, easy binge on a flight.

The Enemy's gate is down.
March 22, 2021, 08:46 AM
CQB60
Olivia Colman is superb.

March 22, 2021, 11:54 PM
YellowJacket
Elizabeth Debicki makes me tingle all over.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.
March 23, 2021, 06:27 AM
Blume9mm
So, per y'alls recommendations I've started watching... but here it goes, again.

I find it interesting that 'International Arms Dealers' are always evil....

Do some research and find out who is the biggest International Arms Dealer on the planet.......

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"
March 23, 2021, 07:56 AM
CQB60
Adnan Khashoggi..It’s a lucrative lifestyle but not one without its inherent risks. The folks on that contact list are not ones we would wish to interact with on a daily basis.
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
So, per y'alls recommendations I've started watching... but here it goes, again.

I find it interesting that 'International Arms Dealers' are always evil....

Do some research and find out who is the biggest International Arms Dealer on the planet.......

March 25, 2021, 06:15 AM
Blume9mm
I'm bing watching it and it was okay until about episode four.... before that the only problem was the hero / night manager kept reminding me of a grown up version of that child actor from Home Alone. Same hair... then here we are in episode 5 and Hugh Lory "Roper" one of the worlds richest men who no one has a clue is really an arms dealer has an army with hundreds of men who all know him.... My real problem is I've always like Hugh Lowry and just can't get into disliking him even in this show.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"