Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dark Winds AMC Login/Join 
posted
Anyone else?

I had my patience tested... I'm negative.

Posts: 38 | Registered: July 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
huh?

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1311 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Yeah, we have watched it. I am intrigued and will continue to watch. It is a little heavy-handed with the "big, bad overbearing, prejudiced against the small-time cop FBI agent" trope, but what isn't that virtually required in this storyline?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 51420 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Made it about twenty minutes. Predictable and heavy handed, production values sorely lacking. How do you make Monument Valley look so pedestrian?

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 7639 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just watched the first episode on Amazon

I am intrigued and liked it but now I have to find a way to stream AMC+

I am researching to see if I can view it through Amazon Prime or do I have to pay extra for it.

It fits to what I am used to experiencing and seeing. Not so much on the Reservation but in real life. Local PD vs the FBI attitudes.

Big Them, little us.
A few of the Army CID agents I had to work with were like that also. (The Naval agents were awesome to work with).

Posts: 1740 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I watched it. It seemed OK, so I'll give it some time.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 4529 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Seems to be a blend of Hillermans books. Will continue to watch it but seems hokey in a lot of places. Chee was never an FBI IIRC but was a hard core Navajo with medicine man leanings which he seems to deny so far in the movie. And the Sergeant with no Sergeant stripes? Probably the issues may be because Robert Redford is involved, Executive Producer.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1127 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post