SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Rollerball to Soylent Green
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rollerball to Soylent Green Login/Join 
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted
A good night for scanning around. Back when they used to make movies.

I’d forgotten the guys sitting on the apartment building stairways with AR-15s in Soylent Green...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
JONATHAN!!! JONATHAN!!! JONATHAN!!! JONATHAN!!! JONATHAN!!! JONATHAN!!! JONATHAN!!! JONATHAN!!! JONATHAN!!! JONATHAN!!! JONATHAN!!! JONATHAN!!! JONATHAN!!! JONATHAN!!!

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16304 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I do not remember that but I was impressed by the AUGs in Sledge Hammer, and the SKS in Monty Python.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
JONATHAN!!! JONATHAN!!! JONATHAN!!! JONATHAN!!! JONATHAN!!! JONATHAN!!! JONATHAN!!! JONATHAN!!! JONATHAN!!! JONATHAN!!! JONATHAN!!! JONATHAN!!! JONATHAN!!! JONATHAN!!!

Spoiler Warning for those who haven't seen the movie.

Both very good movies. The scene of Edward G. Robinson going "Home" was....I really don't know how to describe it but it hit me hard.

Posts: 3925 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:

Both very good movies. The scene of Edward G. Robinson going "Home" was....I really don't know how to describe it but it hit me hard.

This was the 101st and last movie in which Edward G. Robinson appeared; he died of bladder cancer twelve days after the completion of filming, on January 26, 1973. Robinson had previously worked with Heston in The Ten Commandments (1956) and the make-up tests for Planet of the Apes (1968).

In his book The Actor's Life: Journal 1956-1976, Heston wrote "He knew while we were shooting, though we did not, that he was terminally ill. He never missed an hour of work, nor was late to a call. He never was less than the consummate professional he had been all his life. I'm still haunted, though, by the knowledge that the very last scene he played in the picture, which he knew was the last day's acting he would ever do, was his death scene. I know why I was so overwhelmingly moved playing it with him."

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:

This was the 101st and last movie in which Edward G. Robinson appeared; he died of bladder cancer twelve days after the completion of filming, on January 26, 1973. Robinson had previously worked with Heston in The Ten Commandments (1956) and the make-up tests for Planet of the Apes (1968).

In his book The Actor's Life: Journal 1956-1976, Heston wrote "He knew while we were shooting, though we did not, that he was terminally ill. He never missed an hour of work, nor was late to a call. He never was less than the consummate professional he had been all his life. I'm still haunted, though, by the knowledge that the very last scene he played in the picture, which he knew was the last day's acting he would ever do, was his death scene. I know why I was so overwhelmingly moved playing it with him."

Wow, I did not know that Robinson knew he was dying when he made it. It makes a great scene even more moving.

Posts: 520 | Registered: June 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post