SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Expanse!!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Expanse!!!! Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I just finished Leviathan Falls and man....what a ride. And I still want more!!

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I'm nearly done with Babylon's Ashes
More departure between the books & show in the later parts.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Just finished the entire series. Books that is. No spoilers to be had here.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
Just finished up Season 6. This was a great show. Kind of disappointed that this was the final season though. Still a lot of open story lines.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fire Away:
Just finished up Season 6. This was a great show. Kind of disappointed that this was the final season though. Still a lot of open story lines.

Makes me want to rewatch.
Need to get the last 3 books & the short story collection (now that it's available in 1 volume).

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watched it during covid.. I liked it but with most series, they seemed to push the storyline to wrap it up..

Posts: 81 | Location: Southern California  | Registered: April 29, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Only got to watch a season or two before it cancelled or whatever for a short time. Had Thomas Jane initially so that got me to watch and then I was hooked. Incidentally, I got to meet and have a picture made with Thomas Jane last Saturday. Really good series up to the point I watched.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Season 7 speculation

Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
They really need to find a way to do the last three books. This story continues to evolve. Most in ways I liked, but a couple I really didn't like. Season six was seriously cut short due to they only had so much money, but they did a damn fine job anyway.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Fingers crossed.
I need to get the last 3 books & the short story series (now that it's in 1 volume).

Laconia was a waste of screen time otherwise.

posted Hide Post
They actually don’t even need to do the last three books. With the time skip in the main story, they can tell other, original side stories.

But if they are sticking to the main story and they aren’t committing to and getting backing to actually complete all three books… I’d rather it just stop here. It’s a natural stop point.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I agree if the last three books are not done then at the end of the 6th book is a good place to stop. However, if you are going to do the last 3 books the time skip is crucial to the story.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
I agree if the last three books are not done then at the end of the 6th book is a good place to stop. However, if you are going to do the last 3 books the time skip is crucial to the story.

We agree on that. I think the skip allows the show a canvas to do stories. What happened in those years? What did characters do, how did colonies develop, etc. It doesn’t even have to involve the main cast.

It’s kinda like Star Wars. You have a universe created, all kinds of stories that are not within the main Skywalker saga can be told. The Mandolorian, for example. Stupid production decisions aside, of course.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Never thought of it like that. Really I'd except different actors to finish, or fill in the time gap. I think the story is that strong.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I just finished the last 3 books, part of me hopes they find a way to get it on Prime. I don't think they'd need 3 seasons to do it, seems like there was a lot of retelling from different perspectives that you don't need when done visually.

The last book even left it open to further development, IMO

Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
I've rewatched the episodes with Det. Miller (while still in corporeal form) several times. A good detective story.

The Epstein Drive is probably a ways off..

“Draper” is a 4,000-Pound-Thrust Hydrogen Peroxide and Kerosene Engine Inspired by the Character Bobbie Draper of “The Expanse."

https://www.ursamajor.com/medi...gine-for-hypersonics

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post