https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/1550010144

April 26, 2018, 11:59 PM
rusbro
Marshall, Will, and Holly
On a routine expedition
April 27, 2018, 12:01 PM
thunderson
Met the greatest earthquake ever known

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown
April 28, 2018, 05:07 PM
divil
To the laaaannnndddd of the lost...
April 28, 2018, 06:57 PM
AllenInAR

Say what?

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV
April 28, 2018, 07:48 PM
henryarnaud
MATT LAUER CAN SUCK IT!

Big Grin

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes
April 28, 2018, 07:56 PM
Ronin1069
I try to pretend like the Will Ferrell version never happened.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
April 28, 2018, 09:15 PM
rusbro
I watched it, but even as a child, I knew it was low-rent shit. Most everything about it was disappointing. For some reason the song was memorable, despite the awkward lyrics.

I must have seen the below episode and forgotten. From the looks of this image, the adult version of Holly was the best thing to ever appear on the show.

April 28, 2018, 09:21 PM
agony
Funny thing: My father in law's name is Marshall, my name is Wil, and I have a daughter named Holly. Smile

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"
April 28, 2018, 09:26 PM
henryarnaud
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
Funny thing: My father in law's name is Marshall, my name is Wil, and I have a daughter named Holly. Smile

No Chaka?

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes
April 28, 2018, 09:27 PM
rusbro
^^^^ I suggest y'all avoid routine expeditions.
April 28, 2018, 09:55 PM
sigspecops
That show was horribly cheesy but I loved it. I didn't like Chaka though, I always wished that a sleestack would get him but they were too damn slow.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain
April 28, 2018, 11:50 PM
JSW
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
I watched it, but even as a child, I knew it was low-rent shit.

I watched and enjoyed it, but even as an eight-year-old recognized that this wasn’t exactly quality television.

Wilsonblog
April 29, 2018, 07:58 AM
egregore

April 29, 2018, 10:58 AM
mr kablammo
I only remember the hissing Sleestak. Went and looked up some trivia. The Sleestak were played by UCLA basketball players. Bill Lambier, the Detroit Pistons center, was a Sleestak. Larry Niven the science fiction author was a writer.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.
May 02, 2018, 11:11 PM
StarTraveler
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
I watched it, but even as a child, I knew it was low-rent shit. Most everything about it was disappointing. For some reason the song was memorable, despite the awkward lyrics.

I must have seen the below episode and forgotten. From the looks of this image, the adult version of Holly was the best thing to ever appear on the show.

I was about the same age as Kathy Coleman/Holly so I had something of a crush on her. When this episode with Rani (the future Holly who came back in time to help her younger self) ran, I felt vindicated that I’d made a wise choice on my crush!

Erica Hagen, who played Rani in the episode, had also played Mrs. Marshall a few episodes earlier.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca
May 03, 2018, 06:28 PM
rwdflynavy
It may have been low-rent, but the Sleestaks were some scary shit!!!

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them." ~George Mason

chartprepping.com Retirement Planning and Random Musings from a Military Perspective